Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to calculate all pairwise distances in two dimensions and transform them into a matrix Post 302577529 by Bemar on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 09:22:40 AM
Old 11-29-2011
Hi,

It works great, thanks a lot!

Best,

B

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

hoe to allocate a 2 dimensions array?

hi . how can I allocate a 2 dimensions array? I used : { int i; /* Allocating the rows */ Schedule = (int **)( malloc( sizeof(int*) * (N-2) ) ); if( Schedule == NULL ) { printf("\nError - couldn't allocate memory! Aborting...\n"); exit(-1); } /* Allocating memory for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

dimensions 10

Hi, We are using dimensions 10 (source code control system) for our programs. Some programs contain special characters like ‘$' , ‘#' , ‘ , ‘ etc.. During the check-out process of an item , a unix shell script will be called to process the item. If the item contains a ‘$' character, it will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrs_rajan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing distances from Newick tree format

I have a large numbers of files containing data that look like this: (ID31:0.01682,(ID-123:0.00000,(ID_24:0.00000,ID&890:0.00000):0.00000):0.00000,ID12876:0.00000); (ID_24:-0.00052,(ID31:0.01697,(ID-123:-0.00059,ID&890:0.03528):0.00037):0.00027,ID12876:0.03484); I need to find ":" anywhere... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to log transform on matrix file

Hi Friends, I have an input matrix file like this Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 R1 1 2 3 4 R2 4 5 6 7 R3 5 6 7 8 I would like to consider only the numeric values without touching the column header and the row header. I looked up on the forum's search, and I found this. But, I donno how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminating sequences based on Distances

I have to remove sequences from a file based on the distance value. I am attaching the file containing the distances (Distance.xls) The second file looks something like this: Sequences.txt >Sample1 Freq 59 ggatatgatgatgaactggt >Sample1 Freq 54 ggatatgatgttgaactggt >Sample1 Freq 44... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percentage of columns greater than certain value in a matrix using awk

This matrix represents correlation values. Is it possible to calculate the percentage of columns (a1, a2, a3) that have a value >= |0.5| and report the percentage that has positive correlation >0.5 and negative correlation <-0.5 separately. thanx in advance! input name a1 a2 a3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files by pairwise combination

I have 2 files $ cat tmp A1 File1a B1 File1b A2 File2a B2 File2b A1 File1a B3 File3b and $ cat tmp1 A1/B1 File3 A1/B1 File4 A1/B1 File5 A1/B1 File6 A1/B1 File7 A2/B2 File8 A2/B2 File9 A2/B2 File10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senhia83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transform columns to matrix

The following code transform the matrix to columns. Is it possible to do it other way around ( get the input from the output) ? input y1 y2 y3 y4 y5 x1 0.3 0.5 2.3 3.1 5.1 x2 1.2 4.1 3.5 1.7 1.2 x3 3.1 2.1 1.0 4.1 2.1 x4 5.0 4.0 6.0 7.0 1.1 output x1 y1 0.3 x2 y1 1.2 x3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create 'n' number random pairwise combination of words

File 1 contains the list of words that needed to be randomly paired: Tiger Cat Fish Frog Dog Mouse Elephant Monkey File 2 contains the pairs that should not be used (in any solution) during random pairing. Elephant-Dog Cat-Fish Monkey-Frog Dog-Elephant, Fish-Cat, Frog-Monkey... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies
PDLAWIL(l)						   LAPACK routine (version 1.5 )						PDLAWIL(l)

NAME
PDLAWIL - get the transform given by H44,H33, & H43H34 into V starting at row M SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE PDLAWIL( II, JJ, M, A, DESCA, H44, H33, H43H34, V ) INTEGER II, JJ, M DOUBLE PRECISION H33, H43H34, H44 INTEGER DESCA( * ) DOUBLE PRECISION A( * ), V( * ) PURPOSE
PDLAWIL gets the transform given by H44,H33, & H43H34 into V starting at row M. Notes ===== Each global data object is described by an associated description vector. This vector stores the information required to establish the mapping between an object element and its corresponding process and memory location. Let A be a generic term for any 2D block cyclicly distributed array. Such a global array has an associated description vector DESCA. In the following comments, the character _ should be read as "of the global array". NOTATION STORED IN EXPLANATION --------------- -------------- -------------------------------------- DTYPE_A(global) DESCA( DTYPE_ )The descriptor type. In this case, DTYPE_A = 1. CTXT_A (global) DESCA( CTXT_ ) The BLACS context handle, indicating the BLACS process grid A is distribu- ted over. The context itself is glo- bal, but the handle (the integer value) may vary. M_A (global) DESCA( M_ ) The number of rows in the global array A. N_A (global) DESCA( N_ ) The number of columns in the global array A. MB_A (global) DESCA( MB_ ) The blocking factor used to distribute the rows of the array. NB_A (global) DESCA( NB_ ) The blocking factor used to distribute the columns of the array. RSRC_A (global) DESCA( RSRC_ ) The process row over which the first row of the array A is distributed. CSRC_A (global) DESCA( CSRC_ ) The process column over which the first column of the array A is distributed. LLD_A (local) DESCA( LLD_ ) The leading dimension of the local array. LLD_A >= MAX(1,LOCr(M_A)). Let K be the number of rows or columns of a distributed matrix, and assume that its process grid has dimension p x q. LOCr( K ) denotes the number of elements of K that a process would receive if K were distributed over the p processes of its process col- umn. Similarly, LOCc( K ) denotes the number of elements of K that a process would receive if K were distributed over the q processes of its process row. The values of LOCr() and LOCc() may be determined via a call to the ScaLAPACK tool function, NUMROC: LOCr( M ) = NUMROC( M, MB_A, MYROW, RSRC_A, NPROW ), LOCc( N ) = NUMROC( N, NB_A, MYCOL, CSRC_A, NPCOL ). An upper bound for these quantities may be computed by: LOCr( M ) <= ceil( ceil(M/MB_A)/NPROW )*MB_A LOCc( N ) <= ceil( ceil(N/NB_A)/NPCOL )*NB_A ARGUMENTS
II (global input) INTEGER Row owner of H(M+2,M+2) JJ (global input) INTEGER Column owner of H(M+2,M+2) M (global input) INTEGER On entry, this is where the transform starts (row M.) Unchanged on exit. A (global input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (DESCA(LLD_),*) On entry, the Hessenberg matrix. Unchanged on exit. DESCA (global and local input) INTEGER array of dimension DLEN_. The array descriptor for the distributed matrix A. Unchanged on exit. H44 H33 H43H34 (global input) DOUBLE PRECISION These three values are for the double shift QR iteration. Unchanged on exit. V (global output) DOUBLE PRECISION array of size 3. Contains the transform on ouput. Implemented by: G. Henry, November 17, 1996 LAPACK version 1.5 12 May 1997 PDLAWIL(l)