Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to calculate all pairwise distances in two dimensions and transform them into a matrix Post 302577529 by Bemar on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 09:22:40 AM
Old 11-29-2011
Hi,

It works great, thanks a lot!

Best,

B

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

hoe to allocate a 2 dimensions array?

hi . how can I allocate a 2 dimensions array? I used : { int i; /* Allocating the rows */ Schedule = (int **)( malloc( sizeof(int*) * (N-2) ) ); if( Schedule == NULL ) { printf("\nError - couldn't allocate memory! Aborting...\n"); exit(-1); } /* Allocating memory for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

dimensions 10

Hi, We are using dimensions 10 (source code control system) for our programs. Some programs contain special characters like ‘$' , ‘#' , ‘ , ‘ etc.. During the check-out process of an item , a unix shell script will be called to process the item. If the item contains a ‘$' character, it will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrs_rajan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing distances from Newick tree format

I have a large numbers of files containing data that look like this: (ID31:0.01682,(ID-123:0.00000,(ID_24:0.00000,ID&890:0.00000):0.00000):0.00000,ID12876:0.00000); (ID_24:-0.00052,(ID31:0.01697,(ID-123:-0.00059,ID&890:0.03528):0.00037):0.00027,ID12876:0.03484); I need to find ":" anywhere... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to log transform on matrix file

Hi Friends, I have an input matrix file like this Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 R1 1 2 3 4 R2 4 5 6 7 R3 5 6 7 8 I would like to consider only the numeric values without touching the column header and the row header. I looked up on the forum's search, and I found this. But, I donno how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminating sequences based on Distances

I have to remove sequences from a file based on the distance value. I am attaching the file containing the distances (Distance.xls) The second file looks something like this: Sequences.txt >Sample1 Freq 59 ggatatgatgatgaactggt >Sample1 Freq 54 ggatatgatgttgaactggt >Sample1 Freq 44... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percentage of columns greater than certain value in a matrix using awk

This matrix represents correlation values. Is it possible to calculate the percentage of columns (a1, a2, a3) that have a value >= |0.5| and report the percentage that has positive correlation >0.5 and negative correlation <-0.5 separately. thanx in advance! input name a1 a2 a3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files by pairwise combination

I have 2 files $ cat tmp A1 File1a B1 File1b A2 File2a B2 File2b A1 File1a B3 File3b and $ cat tmp1 A1/B1 File3 A1/B1 File4 A1/B1 File5 A1/B1 File6 A1/B1 File7 A2/B2 File8 A2/B2 File9 A2/B2 File10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senhia83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transform columns to matrix

The following code transform the matrix to columns. Is it possible to do it other way around ( get the input from the output) ? input y1 y2 y3 y4 y5 x1 0.3 0.5 2.3 3.1 5.1 x2 1.2 4.1 3.5 1.7 1.2 x3 3.1 2.1 1.0 4.1 2.1 x4 5.0 4.0 6.0 7.0 1.1 output x1 y1 0.3 x2 y1 1.2 x3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create 'n' number random pairwise combination of words

File 1 contains the list of words that needed to be randomly paired: Tiger Cat Fish Frog Dog Mouse Elephant Monkey File 2 contains the pairs that should not be used (in any solution) during random pairing. Elephant-Dog Cat-Fish Monkey-Frog Dog-Elephant, Fish-Cat, Frog-Monkey... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies
MPSMatrixDescriptor(3)					 MetalPerformanceShaders.framework				    MPSMatrixDescriptor(3)

NAME
MPSMatrixDescriptor SYNOPSIS
#import <MPSMatrixTypes.h> Inherits NSObject. Class Methods (__nonnull instancetype) + matrixDescriptorWithDimensions:columns:rowBytes:dataType: (__nonnull instancetype) + matrixDescriptorWithRows:columns:rowBytes:dataType: (__nonnull instancetype) + matrixDescriptorWithRows:columns:matrices:rowBytes:matrixBytes:dataType: (size_t) + rowBytesFromColumns:dataType: (size_t) + rowBytesForColumns:dataType: Properties NSUInteger rows NSUInteger columns NSUInteger matrices MPSDataType dataType NSUInteger rowBytes NSUInteger matrixBytes Detailed Description This depends on Metal.framework A MPSMatrixDescriptor describes the sizes, strides, and data type of a an array of 2-dimensional matrices. All storage is assumed to be in 'matrix-major'. See the description for MPSMatrix for further details. Method Documentation + (__nonnull instancetype) matrixDescriptorWithDimensions: (NSUInteger) rows(NSUInteger) columns(NSUInteger) rowBytes(MPSDataType) dataType Create a MPSMatrixDescriptor with the specified dimensions and data type. Parameters: rows The number of rows of the matrix. columns The number of columns of the matrix. rowBytes The number of bytes between starting elements of consecutive rows. Must be a multiple of the element size. dataType The type of the data to be stored in the matrix. For performance considerations the optimal row stride may not necessarily be equal to the number of columns in the matrix. The MPSMatrix class provides a method which may be used to determine this value, see the rowBytesForColumns API in the MPSMatrix class. The number of matrices described is initialized to 1. + (__nonnull instancetype) matrixDescriptorWithRows: (NSUInteger) rows(NSUInteger) columns(NSUInteger) matrices(NSUInteger) rowBytes(NSUInteger) matrixBytes(MPSDataType) dataType Create a MPSMatrixDescriptor with the specified dimensions and data type. Parameters: rows The number of rows of a single matrix. columns The number of columns of a single matrix. matrices The number of matrices in the MPSMatrix object. rowBytes The number of bytes between starting elements of consecutive rows. Must be a multiple of the element size. matrixBytes The number of bytes between starting elements of consecutive matrices. Must be a multiple of rowBytes. dataType The type of the data to be stored in the matrix. For performance considerations the optimal row stride may not necessarily be equal to the number of columns in the matrix. The MPSMatrix class provides a method which may be used to determine this value, see the rowBytesForColumns API in the MPSMatrix class. + (__nonnull instancetype) matrixDescriptorWithRows: (NSUInteger) rows(NSUInteger) columns(NSUInteger) rowBytes(MPSDataType) dataType + (size_t) rowBytesForColumns: (NSUInteger) columns(MPSDataType) dataType + (size_t) rowBytesFromColumns: (NSUInteger) columns(MPSDataType) dataType Return the recommended row stride, in bytes, for a given number of columns. Parameters: columns The number of columns in the matrix for which the recommended row stride, in bytes, is to be determined. dataType The type of matrix data values. To achieve best performance the optimal stride between rows of a matrix is not necessarily equivalent to the number of columns. This method returns the row stride, in bytes, which gives best performance for a given number of columns. Using this row stride to construct your array is recommended, but not required (provided that the stride used is still large enough to allocate a full row of data). Property Documentation - columns [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The number of columns in a matrix. - dataType [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The type of the data which makes up the values of the matrix. - matrices [read], [nonatomic], [assign] The number of matrices. - matrixBytes [read], [nonatomic], [assign] The stride, in bytes, between corresponding elements of consecutive matrices. Must be a multiple of rowBytes. - rowBytes [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The stride, in bytes, between corresponding elements of consecutive rows. Must be a multiple of the element size. - rows [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The number of rows in a matrix. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for MetalPerformanceShaders.framework from the source code. Version MetalPerformanceShaders-100 Thu Feb 8 2018 MPSMatrixDescriptor(3)