Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting append to same string variable in loop Post 302577397 by Prev on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 02:59:38 AM
Old 11-29-2011
help with navigating index in script

Can anyone please brainstorm and help me ?

I gave up the idea of using string variable as it keeps growing larger with each recursive function the control goes in rather than maintaining a value when control comes back at a given level .i.e.
Code:
stringvar="Maths/geometry/circles/triangles/equilateral-triangles"

I am trying to implement it by using array variable but Cant seem to make head way as of now ?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and append text after the string

Hi, I have a file like this... <o t="Batch" id="8410" p="/" g="32"> <a n="name"> <v s="DBBA1MM"/> </a> <a n="owner"> <v r="/Administrator"/> </a> <a n="rights"> <v s="95"/> </a> <a n="debugLevel"> <v s="3"/> </a> <a n="avsStoreLoc"> <v... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kesu2k
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding string variable dynamically in for loop

Hi, I need to generate the text name dynamically in for loop, ex, VAR_COPY_FILE1= file path 1 VAR_COPY_FILE2= file path 2 VAR_COPY_FILE3= file path 3 for i in 1 2 3 do if then "do some process here" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msubash26
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to test input variable is a string in a select loop

Okay -- I hope I ask this correctly. I'm working on my little shell script to write vendor names and aliases to files from user input. If a user choose to add to a file, he can do that as well. I'm using a select loop for this function to list all the possible files the user can choose from.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append a string on the next line after a pattern string is found

Right now, my code is: s/Secondary Ins./Secondary Ins.\ 1/g It's adding a 1 as soon as it finds Secondary Ins. Primary Ins.: MEDICARE B DMERC Secondary Ins. 1: CONTINENTAL LIFE INS What I really want to achieve is having a 1 added on the next line that contain "Secondary Ins." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

append blank spaces at the end of a variable string

Hello, could you please help with this one. I have an input file like this: 123,4567,89000 123456789,9876543,12 and for the output I need strings to be with the fixed length, let's say 15, and if the string is -lt 15 to be populated with blanks at the end until it reach 15, like this: 123 ,4567... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apenkov
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a searched string with another string using sed

Hi, I need to replace and append a string in a text if grep is true. For eg: grep ABC test.txt | grep -v '\.$' | awk {'print $4'} | sed "s/ ? How do I replace all instances of "print $4" using sed with another sring? Eg of the string returned will be, lx123 web222 xyz Want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vchee
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String variable concatenation through loop problem

Hi Team!! Please can anyone tell me why the following line does not work properly? str3+=$str2 it seems that str3 variable does not keep its value in order to be concatenated in the next iteration! Thus when i print the result of the line above it returns the str2 value What i want to do is to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paladinaeon
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in file and append new string after

Hi All, I'm trying to insert a string into a file at a specific location. I'd like to add a string after the parent::__construct(); in my file. <?php if (! defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed'); class MY_Controller extends CI_Controller { function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjkilpatrick
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pre-append a variable string to each line in a file?

How to pre-append a variable string to each line in a file contains both single and double quotes? The variable string has no quotes in it. thank you very much. :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append has prefix in while loop

I was using below script to grep one file. I need to append the output using prefix Data of all-Vms-1.txt server-1 frame-1 LUN001 server-2 frame-1 LUN002 Data of all-vm-unix.txt server-1 24 server-2 50 Script used while read -r g h ; do cat all-Vms-1.txt |grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
APACHE_SETENV(3)							 1							  APACHE_SETENV(3)

apache_setenv - Set an Apache subprocess_env variable

SYNOPSIS
bool apache_setenv (string $variable, string $value, [bool $walk_to_top = false]) DESCRIPTION
apache_setenv(3) sets the value of the Apache environment variable specified by $variable. Note When setting an Apache environment variable, the corresponding $_SERVER variable is not changed. PARAMETERS
o $variable - The environment variable that's being set. o $value - The new $variable value. o $walk_to_top - Whether to set the top-level variable available to all Apache layers. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting an Apache environment variable using apache_setenv(3) <?php apache_setenv("EXAMPLE_VAR", "Example Value"); ?> NOTES
Note apache_setenv(3) can be paired up with apache_getenv(3) across separate pages or for setting variables to pass to Server Side Includes (.shtml) that have been included in PHP scripts. SEE ALSO
apache_getenv(3). PHP Documentation Group APACHE_SETENV(3)