Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: increment operators in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers increment operators in unix Post 302577233 by joeyg on Monday 28th of November 2011 11:55:43 AM
Old 11-28-2011
Question

Rather than a couple word phrase, can you say/ask a question? I do not know how to answer this post.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bitwise operators

can anybody write a program to divide a number by another number using bitwise operators (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arithmetic Operators

Hello, I have a list of 'inputs' and i want to convert those on the second list named 'Desired Outputs', but i don't know how to do it? Inputs Desired Outputs 1 2 94 4 276 8 369 10 464 12 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filda
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operators

I am trying to understand Does the following: {tmp+=$10} Mean take $10 and add them all up and call it tmp thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i increment characters in unix.. ?

hi.. i am having some 3 files : ka, kb, kc i want to use these set of files in my script... how can i do that ? like first it should process "ka" .. then "kb".. then "kc" ... thanks, Krips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings so I can make my test for today? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a variable in unix bash

Hello There, I have been trying to increment the value of variable to 1, 2, 3 etc. but, it displays 1 1+1 1+1+1 ..... :wall: Could anyone help out with this? for i in *.* do s=`expr $s+1` echo $s j=$i$j mv $i $j done Any help is appreciated? (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrutha0303
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String increment in UNIX

Hi, I am able to increment numbers but unable to increment the charters in unix -AIX. Source : AAA BB CCC Increment Number : 5 OUTPUT: AAA BB CCC AAA BB CCD AAA BB CCE AAA BB CCF AAA BB CCG Thanks onesuri Please use CODE tags as required by the forum rules. I have made a wild... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash -o -v -R operators

I do not know the use of the -o -v -R operators. This is what the info says and I am confused of what optname and varname mean, are they just normal variable? -o optname True if the shell option optname is enabled. See the list of options under the ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies