Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to set/get shell env variable in python script Post 302577188 by rocker_me2002 on Monday 28th of November 2011 10:44:53 AM
Old 11-28-2011

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to set env variable in top level Makefile and unset when done

Hello I have compilation directory structure the top level Makefile is the one that contains all the sub directories I want to set in this Makefile env variable say : setenv OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL "1" and when all the sub directories done compiling it will set this variable to different lavel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. AIX

Do I need to reboot after installation of s/w and set the env variable

Hi, I have installed ODWEK software on AIX box and set the environment variables like: PATH,LIBPATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,CLASSPATH. My question here is do I need to reboot the system to take these changes or is there anyother workaround. I heard that there is 'export'. But I don't know how far it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srangu
1 Replies

3. AIX

Do I need to remote after installation of s/w and set the env variable

Hi, I have installed ODWEK software on AIX box and set the environment variables like: PATH,LIBPATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,CLASSPATH. My question here is do I need to reboot the system to take these changes or is there anyother workaround. I heard that there is 'export'. But I don't know how far it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srangu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in getting the path of environment variable set in bashrc in my shell script

hi all i have joined new to the group. i have set an variable in my bashrc file. .bashrc PROGHOME=/home/braf/braf/prog export PROGHOME but while using it in my shell script its path is not taken and i had to explicitly give the export command to set the path. in my script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krithika
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get env variable from last script

I have 2 scripts t2.sh calls t1.sh. I need to get the vaule of a env variable from t1.sh /tmp/test$ cat t1.sh #!/bin/sh INSTANCE="font/fc-cache" export INSTANCE svcadm disable ${INSTANCE} /tmp/test$ cat t2.sh #!/bin/sh . /tmp/test/t1.sh echo ${INSTANCE} The above works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to export ENV variables, which remains set for all the shell

Hi ! How to export ENV variables, which remains set for all the shell Example :- Login :myID Pwd : **** -> Here my ID .profile is executed. Let say I set MYENV variable Kisses% rlogin ABC -l XXXGroupID -> I login into a remote Solaris Server ABC password : **** -> "XXXGroupID's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set/Export Env Vars from with Shell Script With Input Variable

I have a shell script I want to run that will set environment variables based on the value of an input variable submitted when the shell script is called. For example: $ mgenv.sh prod This would set environment variables for prod $ mgenv.sh test This would set environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brtaylor73
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from shell script to python script

I have a shell script main.sh which inturn call the python script ofdm.py, I want to pass two variables from shell script to python script for its execution. How do i achieve this ????? Eg: main.sh a=3 b=3; c= a+b exec python ofdm.py ofdm.py d=c+a Thanks in Anticipation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

9. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - ENV Variable context problem using su

Hello I have found some piece of code to verify and then run shell script with root permission from normal user. see : http://blog.mecworks.com/articles/2006/02/23/bash-scripting-tip-running-a-script-as-root I have wrote two scripts using this tips. - one to copy file from server to local... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies
PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)					      General Commands Manual						PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)

NAME
python-coverage - measure code coverage of Python program execution SYNOPSIS
python-coverage -x module.py [ARG...] python-coverage -e python-coverage -r [-m] python-coverage -a [file...] DESCRIPTION
python-coverage executes a Python program and measures which of its statements are executed and which are not. It stores the information in the file .coverage in the current working directory. OPTIONS
-e Erase the .coverage file. -x Execute a Python module, giving it the remaining command line arguments. -r Produce a coverage report. -m With -r, show the line numbers that were missed by the execution. -a Annotate source files. For each source file foo, produce foo,cover, with executed lines prefixed by ">" and non-executed by "!". --help Produce a help summary. It might be more helpful than this manual page. AUTHOR
The python-coverage command is a one-line Python script which calls the coverage.py Python module to do all the work. The module was rigi- nally developed by Gareth Rees, and is now developed by Ned Batchelder. The module's home page is http://www.nedbatchelder.com/code/modules/coverage.html. This manual page was cobbled together by Lars Wirzenius for Debian, by copy-pasting from the help texts from the module. PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)