Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian install hardware requirements Post 302577136 by mark54g on Monday 28th of November 2011 09:28:47 AM
Old 11-28-2011
The Atom is an x86 compliant CPU. It has limitations, in that, at least to my knowledge, it does not have the ability to execute instructions out of order to maintain efficiency, but it was meant for low power operation and not speed.

This should work for Debian, however, I would stick to the 32bit version of Debian or any other distros you try out, as there is no support for 64bit on that CPU.
This User Gave Thanks to mark54g For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System requirements

I am concidering setting up a server for a web page and I am clueless as to system requirements. Could someone tell me the requirement for installing unix from a hardware perscective. Is it installed with no other OS on the computer. A mini primart would be greatly appreciated !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Expiditer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Requirements

Can someone please help me with the following question. I am trying to find out what the minimum hardware requirements are for a Unix OS, the vendor does not matter. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodrics
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Requirements

Whats the hardware requirementes to Unix? (not linux, bds, etc) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxgilcosta
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 on SPARC & x64/x86 hardware requirements

Hi folks Doing practice certification questions but the answers to this question appear different everywhere I look? Is it also seems to be dependent on the S10 update version using at the moment in the market place? If the book was written over year back, then I suppose the hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
4 Replies

5. Solaris

basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10

hi all, i want to setup a solaris10 lab for 50 trainees. kindly let me know all the basic hardware & system requirements for the lab . with regards, Raj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
5 Replies

6. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

squid hardware requirements

Hello, how can I determine the required hardware for squid server if this server will serve around 100,000 users?? Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies

9. Linux

Pc Requirements

I am using a Pentium III and I want to change my cpu, which is better (AMD or dual core processor) for linux operating system. Thanks in advance for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Add hardware in virt-install command

Hi, Again a question about virt-install. Someone knows how to add hardware in the virt-install command? I put the first disk with --disks path=/.... but I need a second disk and I don't know how to include it? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies
cpu_capabilities(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					 cpu_capabilities(3alleg4)

NAME
cpu_capabilities - Contains the capability flags of the CPU. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int cpu_capabilities; DESCRIPTION
Contains CPU flags indicating what features are available on the current CPU. The flags can be any combination of these: CPU_ID - Indicates that the "cpuid" instruction is available. If this is set, then all Allegro CPU variables are 100% reliable, otherwise there may be some mistakes. CPU_FPU - An FPU is available. CPU_IA64 - Running on Intel 64 bit CPU CPU_AMD64 - Running on AMD 64 bit CPU CPU_MMX - Intel MMX instruction set is available. CPU_MMXPLUS - Intel MMX+ instruction set is available. CPU_SSE - Intel SSE instruction set is available. CPU_SSE2 - Intel SSE2 instruction set is available. CPU_SSE3 - Intel SSE3 instruction set is available. CPU_3DNOW - AMD 3DNow! instruction set is available. CPU_ENH3DNOW - AMD Enhanced 3DNow! instruction set is available. CPU_CMOV - Pentium Pro "cmov" instruction is available. You can check for multiple features by OR-ing the flags together. For example, to check if the CPU has an FPU and MMX instructions avail- able, you'd do: if ((cpu_capabilities & (CPU_FPU | CPU_MMX)) == (CPU_FPU | CPU_MMX)) { printf("CPU has both an FPU and MMX instructions! "); } You can read this variable after you have called check_cpu() (which is automatically called by allegro_init()). SEE ALSO
check_cpu(3alleg4), cpu_vendor(3alleg4), cpu_family(3alleg4), cpu_model(3alleg4), cpu_capabilities(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 cpu_capabilities(3alleg4)