Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting listing file date and time without usage of pipe Post 302577026 by ahamed101 on Monday 28th of November 2011 04:37:15 AM
Old 11-28-2011
Very odd request!
See if this will help...
Code:
stat -c %y test

Code:
awk -v arg="$(ls -l test)" 'BEGIN{split(arg,a);print a[6],a[7],a[8]}'

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the creation date/time of a file in unix

Hi, I need the unix command which returns only the file name and its creation date/time in unix. I tried ls -l <filename>. But that is giving other details also which I do not want. Could anyone help me out? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unipepper
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a log file based on date/time input and the date/time on the log file

Hi, I'm trying to accomplish the following and would like some suggestions or possible bash script examples that may work I have a directory that has a list of log files that's periodically dumped from a script that is crontab that are rotated 4 generations. There will be a time stamp that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primp
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Listing processes with swap usage

Is there any way to get list of processes which are taking maximum swap , my system is showing no swap space in /var/adm/messages and i 'm unable to pin down the process which is consuming max swap space. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing file name and date

Hello. I want to make an unix script which create a file with the name and the date of creation of the different files that there are in a directory. Can do you please help me? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jfka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to file named with date

I would like to pipe (redirect ? - what is the right term?) the output of my script to a file named with the current date. If I run this at a command prompt: date +'%Y%m%d" ...it returns "20110429" OK, that's good... so I try: ./script.sh > "'date +%Y%m%d'.csv" I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add new 'date field' in a pipe delimited file

i need to add a new field in a pipe delimited line. the field will be the current date today. aa|a|s|w|1 as|oiy|oiy|oiy|2 given that all lines are uniformed in the number of fields i want it to look like this:\ aa|a|s|w|1|20120126 as|oiy|oiy|oiy|2|20120126 please help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

8. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

CPU Usage statistics Dump in a text file over a period of time

I am facing issue related to performance of one customized application running on RHEL 5.9. The application stalls for some unknown reason that I need to track. For that I require some tool or shell scripts that can monitor the CPU usage statistics (what we get in TOP or in more detail by other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with listing file name and modified date on a huge directory

hi, We have a huge directory that ha 5.1 Million files in it. We are trying to get the file name and modified timestamp of the most recent 3 years from this huge directory for a migration project. However, the ls command (background process) to list the file names and timestamp is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
2 Replies
Ns_Sock(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				       Ns_Sock(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_BindSock, Ns_GetSockAddr, Ns_SockAccept, Ns_SockAsyncConnect, Ns_SockAsyncConnect2, Ns_SockBind, Ns_SockCloseLater, Ns_SockConnect, Ns_SockConnect2, Ns_SockListen, Ns_SockListenEx, Ns_SockPipe, Ns_SockSetBlocking, Ns_SockSetNonBlocking, Ns_SockStrError, Ns_SockTimedCon- nect, Ns_SockTimedConnect2, ns_pipe, ns_sockpair - library procedures SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" Ns_BindSock(arg, arg) Ns_GetSockAddr(arg, arg) Ns_SockAccept(arg, arg) Ns_SockAsyncConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockAsyncConnect2(arg, arg) Ns_SockBind(arg, arg) Ns_SockCloseLater(arg, arg) Ns_SockConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockConnect2(arg, arg) Ns_SockListen(arg, arg) Ns_SockListenEx(arg, arg) Ns_SockPipe(arg, arg) Ns_SockSetBlocking(arg, arg) Ns_SockSetNonBlocking(arg, arg) Ns_SockStrError(arg, arg) Ns_SockTimedConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockTimedConnect2(arg, arg) ns_pipe(arg, arg) ns_sockpair(arg, arg) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions ... SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Sock(3aolserver)