Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script causing database corrupt Post 302576971 by dbashyam on Sunday 27th of November 2011 09:09:32 PM
Old 11-27-2011
Closing the thread

Last edited by dbashyam; 11-30-2011 at 06:53 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Causing a disk to be corrupt

Hmm, how to ask this without sounding too malicious... How might one go about causing a disk corruption in OS X specifically or via the command line in UNIX in general? Doesnt matter the severity of the problem, I just want to scare the person a little, then fix the problem for them. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yummator
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some env setting is causing the script not to work ?

Not sure what has changed in the Unix environment. The following script which was working is now not working. #!/usr/bin/ksh # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: monitor_db.sh # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uuser
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to corrupt a superblock?

I need to corrupt a superblock of a mounted device in a soalris m/c and check recovery from an alternate superblock. How can this be done? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujathan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script causing multi forked porcess - not sure why ?

Hi, I am facing a queer situation, when i run the below script it starts up multiple forked process and hangs the unix server , we had to reboot the server once. Can someone pls help me understand why the script is causing multiple processes to start . If i run ps -ef rename.sh , after i start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnoutmore99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

something is causing this script to break early on

I am relatively new at scripting in linux. Most of my scripting knowledge comes from doing batch scripting in windows. Anyway, I have this script I'm trying to write that will install a program called Nagios along with a few other packages. I know it has to be something at the beginning that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanite51
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script problem - Variables Causing Issue

can someone please explain to me what i'm doing wrong with this code: WELT=$(awk '(($1 ~ "^${caag}$") || ($2 ~ "^${caag}$"))' /tmp/Compare.TEXT) when run from the command line, it works. but it seems to be having a problem doing the comparison when variables are involved. i tested from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

Postgresql Database Corrupt

I am managing a linux cluster which has been build on Platform Cluster Manager PCM 1.2.1) from IBM Platform Computing. Unfortunately somebody deteled data files of postgresql from /var/lib directory. I somehow managed to start the postmaster service again, but all the administrative commands of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsanpmd
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop is causing ssh command to exit from script after first iteration.

I am trying to check multiple server's "uptime" in a loop over "ssh". When I execute multiple ssh commands with hard coded servernames script is executing fine. But when I pass server names using while loop, script is exiting after checking first server's status, why? # serverList... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
8 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD