Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XWindow is not enabling !!!
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat XWindow is not enabling !!! Post 302576878 by mark54g on Sunday 27th of November 2011 09:08:23 AM
Old 11-27-2011
have you tried to enable the remote X server with xhost?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO os5 xwindow

I acciedentaly terminated the x window session on my sco os5 machine. Can somone help me get it going again with out rebooting? Another ? Does anyone know where I can get the VNC version for SCO or can some one help me make changes to the RH version to work for SCO OS5. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruizf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xwindow on old computer

hello at first sorry for my english... i know it isn't good but i hope you can understand me i want to install xwindow on my old pentium133MHz, 49MB ram memory, graphic card - stb horizon64 1MB (with old monochromatic monitor - horizontal 30.6-36.0, vertical 50-90) all this under redhat6.1...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XWindow problems

ok, i've got a FreeBSD box, and it doesn't like my monitor. At all. The first time i installed BSD, it wouldn't write the changes. I reformated and reinstalled, and this time it would write, but when i went to load the x server with startx it would go through the load process, but say "no screens"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GirlsHackBetter
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xwindow display

I am installing Oracle 10g on UNIX. I have prepared the server in various fields. Then when I started installation, one error message came out like this: Could not execute auto check for display colors using command /usr/openwin/bin/xdpyinfo. Check if the DISPLAY variable is set. So I check... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where is xwindow start script

I am using a Mandrake spinoff (PCLinux) and would like to have a yakuake terminal started when I launch xwin. Where is the start up script? Thanks JZ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to exit xwindow

What is the command to exit xwindow when i am in xwindow's terminal. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Xwindow on Linux

Hi, On my PC which is a XP, I have installed SSH client from www.ssh.com company. Linux server is a CentOS version 5. Before using my application, I want to test it and I am trying to get the xclock display back to my window and it's not working. Any idea. #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XWindow Tool

Hi Guys can any one help me in this regard .. I'm using Reflaction and xManager but I want list of another xWindow tools between Unix and Windows .. Pls advice .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: top.level
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Questions on CLI and xwindow

Hi, I was not sure about the terminology of the thing that I am about to explain, so it was very difficult to find relevant search results. I want to use my computer using the ctrl+alt+f1 CLI without using a graphical system. However, at the same time, I would also like to do basic tasks like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing xwindow on RHEL (offline)

I need to install xwindow on my RHEL 7.2 server which is behind a firewall and no access to internet. If I run the below code, it will not able to install, as my server dont have internet connection. yum -y install xterm* xorg* xclock xauth Do you know, where can I get the required binaries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-smjy13] [[month] year] DESCRIPTION
Cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -1 Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3 Display prev/current/next month output. -s Display Sunday as the first day of the week. (This is the default.) -m Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y Display a calendar for the current year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's.) Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. OTHER VERSIONS
Several much more elaborate versions of this program exist, with support for colors, holidays, birthdays, reminders and appointments, etc. For example, try the cal from http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html or GNU gcal. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD