Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware inability to use cd rom or dvd burner Post 302576849 by katosan on Saturday 26th of November 2011 10:19:46 PM
Old 11-26-2011
I am unable to use neither the CD or DVD .It appears that they are not recognised on boot-up ;even though I tried to alter the BIOS. Sometimes the "Samsung " CD tray opens.
Hoping this helps.
katosanSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

cd/dvd burner

Hi there! I have mandrake linux and my cd- and dvd-burner appear as normal cd-rom drives. My Cd-burner is from plextor and the dvd-burner from sony. Do I need new drivers? and where can I find some? And which burning programms are good for linux? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysth
4 Replies

2. Solaris

DVD-ROM on Solaris 2.6

Netra T1 running Solaris 2.6 with following DVD installed: c0t6d0 Soft Errors: 131 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Vendor: TOSHIBA Product: DVD-ROM SD-M1401 Revision: 1007 I know the cdrw command isn't in Solaris until version 8 and DVD is suppose to be udfs (not supported... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Enterprise 4500 DVD-ROM

Hello, We have a Sun Enterprise 4500. I checked the product manual from SUN's site and it says it has a DVD-ROM. I downloaded Solaris 10 DVD image and burned it to a DVD and put it into the box but I don't see anyting in the /cdrom folder. Is there a command I can use to confirm if I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
5 Replies

4. Programming

Need Linux GUI based DVD burner

Hi, Need a linux gui based DVD burner. I am supposed to backup 10GB every day and so need an application, where if i drag and drop 10 gb of parent folder. then it should prompt for next cd, once 4.7gb of DVD is burnt.is there any way or any script that i can convert to GUI. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 does not mount CD/DVD ROM

Hi All, I just bought the SUN x2200m2. After I installed Solaris, I cannot see the CD/DVD ROM. I cannot mount the CD/DVD ROM since it says already mounted. When I try unmount it I get message that CD/DVD is not mounted. :( Any idea please. Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afakhim
4 Replies

6. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

7. Solaris

How to install dvd/cd burner

Good morning I have a Sun Ultra_60 with Solaris_8 station, you can guide me as I have to install a DVD burner? that need to record programs? A Greeting :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grymorum
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Verify DVD Rom?

Hi All, I'm a total noob when it comes to troubleshooting Sun hardware issues, however, I've been tasked with just a task. How can I verify if the DVD rom is working in a Sun system? We've put in the dvd, but can't do anything. This is from command line. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

9. Solaris

V210 USB Dvd Rom

Is there anyway to get a USB DVD ROM to work on a V210/V240/V440 SPARC systems for initial installation? I'm drawing a blank and I can't seem to find any documentation on this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Ultra 5 will not boot from DVD ROM :(

Hi, I just got a new Ultra 5 and replaced the CD-ROM with an LG DVD-ROM (approved and listed in Sun HCL). Got the DVD-ROM installed to install Solaris 10. Im just learning and new to Solaris installation. When I insert a Solaris 10 DVD I see that it gets mounted and File Manager opens and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greypilgrim
8 Replies
SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8) 	       systemd-ask-password-console.service		   SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-ask-password-console.service, systemd-ask-password-console.path, systemd-ask-password-wall.service, systemd-ask-password-wall.path - Query the user for system passwords on the console and via wall SYNOPSIS
systemd-ask-password-console.service systemd-ask-password-console.path systemd-ask-password-wall.service systemd-ask-password-wall.path DESCRIPTION
systemd-ask-password-console.service is a system service that queries the user for system passwords (such as hard disk encryption keys and SSL certificate passphrases) on the console. It is intended to be used during boot to ensure proper handling of passwords necessary for boot. systemd-ask-password-wall.service is a system service that informs all logged in users for system passwords via wall(1). It is intended to be used after boot to ensure that users are properly notified. See the developer documentation[1] for more information about the system password logic. Note that these services invoke systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1) with either the --watch --console or --watch --wall command line parameters. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1), wall(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)