Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text processing of file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text processing of file Post 302576783 by ahamed101 on Saturday 26th of November 2011 09:11:55 AM
Old 11-26-2011
Try this...
Code:
awk '{
        sub(/-1/,0)?NULL:sub(/+1/,1)
        printf $1
        for(i=2;i<=NF;i++){
                split($i,arr,":")
                for(j=last+1;j<arr[1];j++) printf " 0"
                printf " "arr[2]
                last=arr[1]
        }
        for(i=last+1;i<=123;i++) printf " 0"
        last=0;printf "\n"
}' input_file

--ahamed

Last edited by ahamed101; 11-26-2011 at 10:03 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processing a text file

A file contains one name per line, such as: john doe jack bruce nancy smith sam riley When I 'cat' the file, the white space is treated as a new line. For example list=`(cat /path/to/file.txt)` for items in $list do echo $items done I get: john doe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text file processing

Hello! There is a text file, that contains hierarchy of menues, like: Aaaaa->Bbbbb Aaaaa->Cccc Aaaaa-> {spaces} Ddddd (it means that the full path is Aaaaa->Cccc->Ddddd ) Aaaaa-> {more spaces} Eeeee (it means that the full path is Aaaaa->Cccc->Ddddd->Eeeee ) Fffffff->Ggggg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alias47
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script -text file processing NULL issues

I'm trying to strip any garbage that may be at the end of my text file and that part is working. The problem only seems to be with the really long lines in the file. When the head command is executed I am directing the output to a new file. The new file always get a null in the 4096 position but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geauxsaints
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing file names using text files

Hi, I have to perform an iterative function on a set of 10 files. After the first round the output files are named differently than the input files. examples input file name = xxxx1.yyy output file name = xxxx1_0001.yyy I need to rename all of the output files to the original input... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligander
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl text file processing using hash

Hi Experts, I have this requirement to process large files (200MB+).Format of files is like: recordstart val1 1 val2 2 val3 4 recordstart val1 5 val2 6 val3 1 val4 1 recordstart val1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take output of processing in text file

Hi ALL, I am presently using perl script mukesh.pl I just want to catch its output into another text file . So I am using > File.txt . I am getting output but i want the whole processing of the script into that file please let me know . Thanks in advance Cheers Mukesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
1 Replies

8. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep -c text processing of a log file

I have a log file with below format. Log File: 1 started job on date & time JOB-A 2 started job on date & time JOB-B 3 completed job on data & time JOB-A 4 started job on date & time JOB-C 5 started job on date & time JOB-D 6 completed job on data & time JOB-B 7 started job on date &... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text File with Binary Values processing

Hello all, I have a txt file containing millions of lines. Below is the example: {tx:be} head -50 file.txt Instr1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Instr1:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
6 Replies
CSV(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  CSV(3pm)

NAME
Class::CSV - Class based CSV parser/writer SYNOPSIS
use Class::CSV; my $csv = Class::CSV->parse( filename => 'test.csv', fields => [qw/item qty sub_total/] ); foreach my $line (@{$csv->lines()}) { $line->sub_total('$'. sprintf("%0.2f", $line->sub_total())); print 'Item: '. $line->item(). " ". 'Qty: '. $line->qty(). " ". 'SubTotal: '. $line->sub_total(). " "; } my $cvs_as_string = $csv->string(); $csv->print(); my $csv = Class::CSV->new( fields => [qw/userid username/], line_separator => " "; ); $csv->add_line([2063, 'testuser']); $csv->add_line({ userid => 2064, username => 'testuser2' }); DESCRIPTION
This module can be used to create objects from CSV files, or to create CSV files from objects. Text::CSV_XS is used for parsing and creating CSV file lines, so any limitations in Text::CSV_XS will of course be inherant in this module. EXPORT None by default. METHOD
CONSTRUCTOR parse the parse constructor takes a hash as its paramater, the various options that can be in this hash are detailed below. Required Options o fields - an array ref containing the list of field names to use for each row. there are some reserved words that cannot be used as field names, there is no checking done for this at the moment but it is something to be aware of. the reserved field names are as follows: "string", "set", "get". also field names cannot contain whitespace or any characters that would not be allowed in a method name. Source Options (only one of these is needed) o filename - the path of the CSV file to be opened and parsed. o filehandle - the file handle of the CSV file to be parsed. o objects - an array ref of objects (e.g. Class::DBI objects). for this to work properly the field names provided in fields needs to correspond to the field names of the objects in the array ref. o classdbi_objects - depreciated use objects instead - using classdbi_objects will still work but its advisable to update your code. Optional Options o line_separator - the line seperator to be included at the end of every line. defaulting to " " (unix carriage return). new the new constructor takes a hash as its paramater, the same options detailed in parse apply to new however no Source Options can be used. this constructor creates a blank CSV object of which lines can be added via add_line. ACCESSING lines returns an array ref containing objects of each CSV line (made via Class::Accessor). the field names given upon construction are available as accessors and can be set or get. for more information please see the notes below or the perldoc for Class::Accessor. the lines accessor is also able to be updated/retrieved in the same way as individual lines fields (examples below). Example retrieving the lines: my @lines = @{$csv->lines()}; removing the first line: pop @lines; $csv->lines(@lines); sorting the lines: @lines = sort { $a->userid() <=> $b->userid() } @lines: $csv->lines(@lines); sorting the lines (all-in-one way): $csv->lines([ sort { $a->userid() <=> $b->userid() } @{$csv->lines()} ]); Retrieving a fields value there is two ways to retrieve a fields value (as documented in Class::Accessor). firstly you can call the field name on the object and secondly you can call "get" on the object with the field name as the argument (multiple field names can be specified to retrieve an array of values). examples are below. my $value = $line->test(); OR my $value = $line->get('test'); OR my @values = $line->get(qw/test test2 test3/); Setting a fields value setting a fields value is simmilar to getting a fields value. there are two ways to set a fields value (as documented in Class::Accessor). firstly you can simply call the field name on the object with the value as the argument or secondly you can call "set" on the object with a hash of fields and their values to set (this isn't standard in Class::Accessor, i have overloaded the "set" method to allow this). examples are below. $line->test('123'); OR $line->set( test => '123' ); OR $line->set( test => '123', test2 => '456' ); Retrieving a line as a string to retrieve a line as a string simply call "string" on the object. my $string = $line->string(); new_line returns a new line object, this can be useful for to "splice" a line into lines (see example below). you can pass the values of the line as an ARRAY ref or a HASH ref. Example my $line = $csv->new_line({ userid => 123, domainname => 'splicey.com' }); my @lines = $csv->lines(); splice(@lines, 1, 0, $line); OR splice(@{$csv->lines()}, 1, 0, $csv->new_line({ userid => 123, domainname => 'splicey.com' })); add_line adds a line to the lines stack. this is mainly useful when the new constructor is used but can of course be used with any constructor. it will add a new line to the end of the lines stack. you can pass the values of the line as an ARRAY ref or a HASH ref. examples of how to use this are below. Example $csv->add_line(['house', 100000, 4]); $csv->add_line({ item => 'house', cost => 100000, bedrooms => 4 }); OUTPUT string returns the object as a string (CSV file format). print calls "print" on string (prints the CSV to STDOUT). SEE ALSO
Text::CSV_XS, Class::Accessor AUTHOR
David Radunz, <david@boxen.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004 by David Radunz This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2007-02-08 CSV(3pm)