Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BASH parsing for html tags
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH parsing for html tags Post 302576707 by cfajohnson on Friday 25th of November 2011 05:19:29 PM
Old 11-25-2011
Code:
string='<tr><td>United States of America</td><td>Dollar</td><td>43.309</td></tr><tr><td>Japan</td><td>Yen</td><td>0.5579</td></tr>'

while :
do
  case $string in
    \<*) string=${string#*>} ;;
    *\<*) printf "%s\n" "${string%%<*}"
       string=${string#*>}
       ;;
    *) [ -n "$string" ] && printf "%s\n" "$string"
      break ;;
  esac
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML parsing by PERL

i have a HTML report file..its in attachment(a part of the whole report is attached..name "input html.doc").also its source is attached in "report source code.txt" i just want to seperate the datas like in first line it should be.. NHTEST-3848498958-NHTEST-10.2-no-baloo a and so on for whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik1983
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove html tags with bash

Hello, is there a way to go through a file and remove certain html tags with bash? If it needs sed or awk, that'll do too. The reason why I want this is, because I have a monitor script which generates a logfile in HTML and every time it generates a logfile, the tags are reproduced. The tags... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavu88
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing: How to go from HTML to CSV?

Dear all, I have to parse a large amount of html files, which I would like to transform into comma separated values. The html-files have the following structure: <tag1> CATEGORY_1 <tag2><tag3> HEADER_1 <tag4> <tag5> paragraph_1 <tag6> <tag5> paragraph_2 <tag6> <tag3>HEADER_2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docdudetheman
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

html parsing using unix

hi all, I had raised the same question a few weeks back but forgot to mention a lot of points ... so i am raising a new thread furnishing my requirement ... sorry for that .... here is my problem. i have a html that look like below <tr class="modifications-oddrow"> <td... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html parsing - get line after specific string till a point

Hi all :) It sounds complex, for example I want to find the whole html file (there are 5 entries of this string and I need to get all of them) for the string "<td class="contentheading" width="100%">", get the next line from it only till the point that says "</td>", plus removing \t (tabs) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing HTML, get text between 2 HTML tags

Hi there, I'm quite new to the forum and shell scripting. I want to filter out the "166.0 points". The results, that i found in google / the forum search didn't helped me :( <a href="/user/test" class="headitem menu" style="color:rgb(83,186,224);">test</a><a href="/points" class="headitem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mysthik
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all except couple of html tags from html file

I tried to find elegant (or at least simple) way to remove all but couple of html tags from html file, but all examples I found dealt with removing all the tags. The logic of the script would be: - if there is <li> or <ul> on the line, do nothing (=write same line to output) - if there is:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juubuntu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax and html ole parsing

Hi gurus I am trying to understand some advanced (for me) perl constructions (syntax) following this tutorial I am trying to parse html: Using Mojo::DOM | Joel Berger say "div days:"; say $_->text for $dom->find('div.days')->each; say "\nspan hours:"; say $_->text for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML parsing with UNIX shell script

Hi there, Infra/LEXUS0157/lexus0157.html-<tr><td>Minimum password age</td><td>3 days</td><td>Win2k8 Server</td></tr> How do I extract from this html with unix, I just need the 1.'Minimum password age' & 2. '3 days' parameter. Tried doing so with python, would like to have a better... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create html <ui> <li> by parsing text file

Hi you all, this is my first post in this forum. I'm italian (please forgive me) :-) so my english will fail to be correct... Anyway, let's get straight to the point! I have a text file like this: ,,,, Disney: 00961-002,,,, ,Pippo: 00531-002,,, ,,Pluto: 00238-002,, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcresio
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)