Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need to Capture Sql Failures
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to Capture Sql Failures Post 302576547 by felipe.vinturin on Friday 25th of November 2011 07:48:38 AM
Old 11-25-2011
I generally work with both solutions:
-----> Use: "WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT 1" (as commented by Carlo)
-----> Redirect SQLPLus' output to a file and validate the error.
-----> Also use: "sqlplus -S -L" to try to login just once.

Code:
sqlOutputFile="./sqlplusExec.log"
# sqlplus -S -L PASS/USERID@DB << EOF > "${sqlOutputFile}"
     WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT 1
     SELECT * from notable;
EOF
sqlplusRetCode=${?}

countErrors=`egrep -c 'ORA-[0-9]{4}|SP2-|TNS-|Usage' "${sqlOutputFile}"`

if [ ${sqlplusRetCode} -ne 0 -o ${countErrors} -ne 0 ]
then
     echo "Found errors while executing SQLPlus[${sqlplusRetCode}][${countErrors}]: "
     egrep 'ORA-[0-9]{4}|SP2-|TNS-|Usage' "${sqlOutputFile}"
     exit 1
fi

I hope it helps!

Last edited by felipe.vinturin; 11-25-2011 at 08:55 AM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to felipe.vinturin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running file sql from shell without capture the password

Dear All I have file a.sql, let's say the content is: _________________________________ select * from dual; exit; _________________________________ and I have shell script a.sh, the content is: _________________________________ ORACLE_SID=testing; export ORACLE_SID... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya Purwanto
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture value in shell variable from oracle sql?

Hi Friends, Do someone know how to capture value in a shell variable from oracle sql? Requirement : In a table we want to count the number of records and want to pass this value to a shell variable where it can be manipulated later. In ksh shell we open oracle connection from sqlplus. For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture no. of rows updated in update sql in unix db2

hi, i am a new user in unix..and we have unix db2. i want to capture the no. of rows updated by a update db2 sql statement and redirect into a log file. I've seen db2 -m...but not sure how the syntax should be. The update sql that I'm going to run is from a file... Can you please share... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_rymbei
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture linking failures

Hi all, I have a script file that has numerous linking commands (ln -s) and currently there is no checking to see if the linking is successful or not and I need to implement something that checks if any of the linking failed and report a failure. The method I can think of is a small function... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture Error In SQL Plus

Hi I am trying to fetch the data from Oracle Table More my_query.sql | sqlplus -s 'scott/tiger@OrcaleSID ' | sed 's///g;s///g' > sample_file Now if the table passed in the my_query.sql is wrong or there is some other error insied SQL how i can caputure that i tried More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture rows for a column in file from delete sql -Oracle

Hi, This may not be the right forum but i am hoping someone knows an answer to this. I have to capture rows for a column that was deleted. How can i do that without having to write a select query? delete from myschema.mytable where currentdatetimestamp > columnDate this should delete 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

9. Solaris

11.0 to 11.2 update failures

Attempting to update an 11.0 server with many non-global zones installed. pkg publisher is pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support. FMRI = pkg://solaris/entire@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.1.15.0.4.0:20131230T203500Z When we run pkg update --accept the server contacts oracle, checks packages, finds about 700... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CptCarrot
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::ProhibitCapturUserhContributed)Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::ProhibitCaptureWithoutTest(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::ProhibitCaptureWithoutTest - Capture variable used outside conditional. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
If a regexp match fails, then any capture variables ($1, $2, ...) will be undefined. Therefore it's important to check the return value of a match before using those variables. This policy checks that the previous regexp for which the capture variable is in-scope is either in a conditional or causes an exception or other control transfer (i.e. "next", "last", "redo", "return", or sometimes "goto") if the match fails. A "goto" is only accepted by this policy if it is a co-routine call (i.e. "goto &foo") or a "goto LABEL" where the label does not fall between the "goto" and the capture variable in the scope of the "goto". A computed "goto" (i.e. something like "goto (qw{foo bar baz})[$i]") is not accepted by this policy because its target can not be statically determined. This policy does not check whether that conditional is actually testing a regexp result, nor does it check whether a regexp actually has a capture in it. Those checks are too hard. This policy also does not check arbitrarily complex conditionals guarding regexp results, for pretty much the same reason. Simple things like m/(foo)/ or die "No foo!"; die "No foo!" unless m/(foo)/; will be handled, but something like m/(foo) or do { ... lots of complicated calculations here ... die "No foo!"; }; are beyond its scope. CONFIGURATION
By default, this policy considers "die", "croak", and "confess" to throw exceptions. If you have additional subroutines or methods that may be used in lieu of one of these, you can configure them in your perlcriticrc as follows: [RegularExpressions::ProhibitCaptureWithoutTest] exception_source = my_exception_generator BUGS
This policy does not recognize named capture variables. Yet. AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Chris Dolan. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::ProhibitCaptureWithoutTest(3pm)