Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk Space full
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disk Space full Post 302576534 by mohtashims on Friday 25th of November 2011 06:38:05 AM
Old 11-25-2011
Question Disk Space full

I was tryin to copy a large file under /tmp location.

I guess the disk space got full and i got fork error.

Then I tried removing some files but the shell did not let me do anything
Code:
bash> rm apache22.tar
bash: fork: Not enough space
bash> pwd
/tmp
bash> vmstat 1
bash: fork: Not enough space

Somehow the unix SA fixed this. Do you know how to overcome this issue ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

disk full

Please solve the following NOTICE HTFS:No space on dev hd(1/42) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuheel
2 Replies

2. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

3. Linux

Disk full 100%

one of my servers / was full by 100% i cleard some space, now though i have enough space on / partition still df is showing disk usage as 100% am not able to create any single txt file ? why so ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
3 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 / disk space almost full

Hi All, My Solaris 8 firewall server is getting full on the / filesystem. I don't know which one should I delete. I think there's no more to delete on the file like logs or temp file. Does someone knows about deleting a safe file (or folder) on FS like /usr, /opt, /platform, /kernel, /sbin?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install new packages when disk space is full

during installation i created four partitions mainly / 5GB /home 1GB /boot 100MB swap 2GB now since i didnt make the /usr partition all of the packages were being installed in the / partition ..now all the space in the / partition is filled ...i ran du -h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
3 Replies

6. AIX

Paging space is 100% full

Paging space is 100% full? what step can i take (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Read Only Permission after the space is full.

Hi, Is there any chance that a file system that mounted on the server becomes read only when the space in that file system becomes full? Regards, Sreejith (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith K
9 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Swap space (almost) full

Hello, This is RHEL 5.7. swap is almost full, but I am not sure, what to release and how to release space. This is production server so I would like to try all possible options before reboot. # top top - 00:18:26 up 327 days, 7:01, 3 users, load average: 0.16, 0.21, 0.18 Tasks: 782 total, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk full alerts

i want to create 1 script to monitor 1 particular filesystem out of the diferent filesystems. if disk space of that particular filesystem increases by 80% it sends an alert mail to an email id ---------- Post updated at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:17 PM ---------- no. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshhhhhhhh
1 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)