Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need to Capture Sql Failures
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to Capture Sql Failures Post 302576533 by mac4rfree on Friday 25th of November 2011 06:37:20 AM
Old 11-25-2011
Need to Capture Sql Failures

Hi guys,

I am inserting and updating records in Oracle database using shell Script based on business logic.

Now Whenever the insert or Update fails, i want to capture it.

i tried to capture the return code ($?), but it is not reflecting it.
Code:
####################################################################
##  Insertion of  Traking ID
####################################################################

sqlplus -s PASS/USERID@DB << EOF
+ sqlplus -s PASS/USERID@DB INSERT INTO TRACKING VALUES (sequencer.NEXTVAL,'GME','MEXICO','NA',current_date)
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00947: not enough values

ReturnCode=$?
+ ReturnCode=0
if (( $ReturnCode!=0 ))
        then
        echo "Prevalidation script Failed during insertion in PCM_BATCH_TRACKING table" | mail -s "Prevalidation Script Failure" xxx@xxx.com;
        exit 3;
fi
+ ((  0!=0  ))

I purposely did it inorder to check whether it is capturing or not.

Can somebody help me out.

Cheers!!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running file sql from shell without capture the password

Dear All I have file a.sql, let's say the content is: _________________________________ select * from dual; exit; _________________________________ and I have shell script a.sh, the content is: _________________________________ ORACLE_SID=testing; export ORACLE_SID... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya Purwanto
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture value in shell variable from oracle sql?

Hi Friends, Do someone know how to capture value in a shell variable from oracle sql? Requirement : In a table we want to count the number of records and want to pass this value to a shell variable where it can be manipulated later. In ksh shell we open oracle connection from sqlplus. For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture no. of rows updated in update sql in unix db2

hi, i am a new user in unix..and we have unix db2. i want to capture the no. of rows updated by a update db2 sql statement and redirect into a log file. I've seen db2 -m...but not sure how the syntax should be. The update sql that I'm going to run is from a file... Can you please share... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_rymbei
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture linking failures

Hi all, I have a script file that has numerous linking commands (ln -s) and currently there is no checking to see if the linking is successful or not and I need to implement something that checks if any of the linking failed and report a failure. The method I can think of is a small function... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture Error In SQL Plus

Hi I am trying to fetch the data from Oracle Table More my_query.sql | sqlplus -s 'scott/tiger@OrcaleSID ' | sed 's///g;s///g' > sample_file Now if the table passed in the my_query.sql is wrong or there is some other error insied SQL how i can caputure that i tried More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture rows for a column in file from delete sql -Oracle

Hi, This may not be the right forum but i am hoping someone knows an answer to this. I have to capture rows for a column that was deleted. How can i do that without having to write a select query? delete from myschema.mytable where currentdatetimestamp > columnDate this should delete 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

9. Solaris

11.0 to 11.2 update failures

Attempting to update an 11.0 server with many non-global zones installed. pkg publisher is pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support. FMRI = pkg://solaris/entire@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.1.15.0.4.0:20131230T203500Z When we run pkg update --accept the server contacts oracle, checks packages, finds about 700... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CptCarrot
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
XINETD.LOG(5)							File Formats Manual						     XINETD.LOG(5)

NAME
xinetd.log - xinetd service log format DESCRIPTION
A service configuration may specify various degrees of logging when attempts are made to access the service. When logging for a service is enabled, xinetd will generate one-line log entries which have the following format (all entries have a timestamp as a prefix): entry: service-id data The data depends on the entry. Possible entry types include: START generated when a server is started EXIT generated when a server exits FAIL generated when it is not possible to start a server USERID generated if the USERID log option is used. NOID generated if the USERID log option is used, and the IDONLY service flag is used, and the remote end does not identify who is trying to access the service. In the following, the information enclosed in brackets appears if the appropriate log option is used. A START entry has the format: START: service-id [pid=%d] [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] An EXIT entry has the format: EXIT: service-id [type=%d] [pid=%d] [duration=%d(sec)] type can be either status or signal. The number is either the exit status or the signal that caused process termination. A FAIL entry has the format: FAIL: service-id reason [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] Possible reasons are: fork a certain number of consecutive fork attempts failed (this number is a configurable parameter) time the time check failed address the address check failed service_limit the allowed number of server instances for this service would be exceeded process_limit a limit on the number of forked processes was specified and it would be exceeded A DATA entry has the format: DATA: service-id data The data logged depends on the service. login remote_user=%s local_user=%s tty=%s exec remote_user=%s verify=status command=%s Possible status values: ok the password was correct failed the password was incorrect baduser no such user shell remote_user=%s local_user=%s command=%s finger received string or EMPTY-LINE A USERID entry has the format: USERID: service-id text The text is the response of the identification daemon at the remote end excluding the port numbers (which are included in the response). A NOID entry has the format: NOID: service-id IP-address reason SEE ALSO
xinetd(1L), xinetd.conf(5) 28 April 1993 XINETD.LOG(5)