Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with replace data content Post 302576510 by itkamaraj on Friday 25th of November 2011 05:14:31 AM
Old 11-25-2011
Code:
$ a=$(head -1 test | cut -d\> -f2); nawk -v a=$a 'NR>1{$1=a;print}' inputfile.txt 
length=1 program data 909 1992
length=1 program record 909 1190

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a variable content

Hi, variable1="This is a car" Now I want to replace the content of variable1, "car" to "dog". Is there any simple command I can use. Thanks. Joseph (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephwong
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a line content

Hi Experts, I have binary files contain an ID Line as: : : $Header: FNDSCMON.fmb 115.6 2000/01/11 10:26:10 pkm ship$ : : where the ID Line format is: $Header: <File_Name> <Version> <Last_update_date_time> pkm ship$ In this Example: File_Name = FNDSCMON.fmb Version = 115.6... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace the content

Hi All,sorry for inconvience....please find the attachement for my question i am unable to paste the question here....please help me in slving thisthanksk.k (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace data of one column with data on other file corresponding to transaction ID matched

Hi All, I have two files one of which having some mobile numbers and corresponding value whose sample content as follows: 9058629605,8.0 9122828964,30.0 And in second file complete details of all mobile numbers and sample content as follows and delimeter used is comma(,): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace duplicate content

Input file: CCNI data564_input1 264 CORO1A data564_input2 155 ABC-B data17_input1 3466 ABC-B data17_input2 1133 ABC-B data17_input3 2162 ABC-B data17_input4 2019 HNRNPA2B1 data95_input1 101 HNRNPA2B1 data95_input2 340 IFITM1 data105_input2 291 IFITM2 data105_input1 505... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace all the content within ()

Hi, Below is my input file : AAAG(12) TC(14) AACCCT(66) AACCCT(30) AACCCT(18) AACCCT(48) TCTG(12) TCTG(20) TCTG(16) AC(12) AC(12) TCTG(16) TCTG(12) AC(12) AC(12) AC(12) AC(26) AC(14) AGTG(12) AC(24) AGTG(12) TCC(12) Desired output : AAAG TC AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT TCTG TCTG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql Content Replace

I have a wordpress site. I need add "post_title" to all my "post_content" mysql field. Thanks. my content: Free <b>Online Tips</b> output:Free post_title <b>Online Tips</b>: This code does not work: UPDATE wp_posts SET post_content = REPLACE ( post_content, 'Free <b>Online... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Content

Hello all ; ) I'got a file1 with a lot of emails like : fistname.lastname@domaine1.comAnd another file2 with emails like fistname.lastname@domaine2.ct.netI need a shell script that will read each line from the file1 and try to find if in file2 the fistname.lastname exist. If yes, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aswex
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)