Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to enable 2nd gateway
Operating Systems AIX to enable 2nd gateway Post 302576504 by gito on Friday 25th of November 2011 05:05:31 AM
Old 11-25-2011
Maybe try to explain why you need 2 default gateway then maybe we will be able to provide proper solution

How have you added it ?
try smitty route > add static gateway
over there you have possibility to select an interface have you did that ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

gateway

I used "route" to add the default gateway I wrote this: route add default 19x.x.x.x 0 but this is not permanent default gateway. Do I need to use another command? Thank a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmena
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

gateway

Hi, in which file and how shuold be decalred a gateway and its IP adresse ? Where and how add a gateway ? Many thanks before. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Gateway

Hy everybody ! I'm new on your forum, i'm french and don't speak a good english, so scuse me please for it ! I would to know how modify a gateway on a SCO 5.06 We have a problem, we have multi "beach" adress, one is 192.1.1.x, an other is 192.1.4.x Actually, the computer on 192.1.4.x... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LB59
2 Replies

4. AIX

gateway

Dear folks, How can delete the gateway from smitty or by command, Because I have 2 gatway in the system and I tried to delete by smitty it gave me failed command (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Add gateway

Hi Community, I've a question about network adaptors. I've installed Solaris 10 configuring the ce0 port with an IP(10.23.8.15) , an interface_name (first) and a gateway(10.23.8.1) . I need to change the name of the interface ce0 and to configure another interface (ce1) with another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

6. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Gateway

Hi all, Just now i had change the gateway for a server Go to /etc/defaultrouter, change to 10.86.33.1 route delete default 10.86.39.222 route add default 10.86.33.1 now cannot telnet to the server already.. any idea? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
5 Replies

8. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot add gateway

Hi, OS: Solaris 11.2 64bit IP address: 172.16.10.10 Netmask: 255.255.254.0 Gateway: 172.16.2.254 From windows box, i can set and ping gateway. IP address is same segment with windows box. But on solaris i cannot set gateway. route add default 172.16.2.254 add net default: gateway... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
wrsmconf(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      wrsmconf(1M)

NAME
wrsmconf - manage WCI RSM controller configurations SYNOPSIS
/usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/wrsmconf create -c controller_id -f config_file wrsmconf initial -f config_file [ -c controller_id] wrsmconf remove [ -c controller_id] wrsmconf topology [ -c controller_id] wrsmconf dump -c controller_id -f config_file DESCRIPTION
wrsmconf provides a means to create, install, retrieve, and remove configurations for WCI remote shared memory (RSM) controllers. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: create -c controller_id -f config_file Create a set of per-node configurations for the specified controller and store them to the file config_file. The created file contains a per-node configuration for each node specified in the input for the specified controller. The file has a checksum on it and cannot be modified directly. This file can be used in a wrsmconf initial call on each node to install the node's configuration into the local driver. A list of nodes and WCI devices connected to those nodes is read from standard input. For each connected pair of links, specify the nodename (uname -n), safari port id, and link number on both sides of the connection. The format of the information looks like this: <nodename>.<wrsm-portid>.<linkno>=<nodename>.<wrsm-portid>.<linkno> <nodename>.<wrsm-portid>.<linkno>=<nodename>.<wrsm-portid>.<linkno> This interface is intended for installing configurations for testing (such as for SunVTS). Only direct-connect, non-striped configura- tions for 1 to 3 nodes can be specified. FM node ids and RSM hardware addresses are assigned to the specified nodes contiguously and in order starting from 0. initial -f config_file [-c controller_id] Install the configuration for the local node stored in the file config_file into the driver as the initial configuration for the speci- fied controller. This command fails under the following circumstances: o If controller_id is specified and the configuration in the file is not for the specified controller. o If the file does not contain a valid configuration for the local node or if the checksum in the file shows it has been modified. o If a configuration has already been installed for the controller. If this happens, use wrsmconf remove to remove the existing con- figuration. remove [ -c controller_id ] Disable communication through the installed configuration for all controllers or the specified controller and remove the configura- tion(s) from the driver. topology -c controller_id For each installed controller (or for the specified controller), print to stdout the set of nodes this controller is configured to reach, including the nodename, FM node id, and RSM hardware address for each node. The following is example output: FM Node ID Node Name Controller Instance Controller HW Addr 0 hpc00 0 101 0 hpc00 1 333 1 hpc01 0 102 1 hpc01 1 54 1 hpc01 2 34 2 hpc03 0 103 2 hpc03 1 103 2 hpc03 2 103 dump -c controller-id -f config_file Fetch the installed configuration for the specified controller from the driver and store it into the file config_file along with a checksum to protect the data. This configuration can later be installed with the command wrsmconf initial. EXIT STATUS
This command returns 0 on successful completion, and a non-zero value if an error occured. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwrsm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kstat(1M), wrsmstat(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Jun 2003 wrsmconf(1M)