Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to determine the physical volume fo the disks Post 302576415 by cucosss on Thursday 24th of November 2011 07:01:34 PM
Old 11-24-2011
I see hdisk0 until hdisk68...so how to get the sum of all?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vertias (physical disks monitoring)

Can anyone tell me what Vertias is? Is it free? What is it used for exactly? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VeroL
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Physical volume- no free physical partitions

I was in smit, checking on disc space, etc. and it appears that one of our physical volumes that is part of a large volume group, has no free physical partitions. The server is running AIX 5.1. What would be the advisable step to take in this instance? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

determine the physical size of the hard disk

Hi is there a cmd in hpux 11 to determine the physical size of the hard disk. not bdf command. i have searched the other threads here but cant find an answer. thank you guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoffies
4 Replies

5. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris sun4v - how do you determine physical RAM?

I have a Sun T5120, and I want to programmatically determine how much RAM it has. # uname -a SunOS myhost 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 The box has 64Gb; I tried prtdiag and prtconf, but they give me bogus info prtconf gives me: # prtconf |grep -i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Create volume using LVM over 2 physical disks

I wanted to know how we can combine volumes over 2 physical drives. # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 42.9 GB, 42949672960 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 5221 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
16 Replies

9. AIX

Position of the logical volume on the physical volume

Hello everyone, I just read that while creating a logical volume(LV) we can choose the region of the physical volume (PV) in which the LV should be created. When I say region I mean: outer edge - outer middle - center - inner middle and inner edge. Can anyone help me understand the utility... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
11 Replies

10. Solaris

T5220 How to determine physical memory installed?

Hi, looking to upgrade memory on a pair of T5220's from 32GB to 64GB. Cannot determine current DIMM size and slots used. i.e. not sure if Qty 16 x 2GB or Qty 8 x 4GB. If there are no empty slots, i need to go with higher density DIMMs and retire exsisting the 2GB prtdiag follows. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrew
3 Replies
SUM(1)								   User Commands							    SUM(1)

NAME
sum - checksum and count the blocks in a file SYNOPSIS
sum [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print checksum and block counts for each FILE. -r use BSD sum algorithm, use 1K blocks -s, --sysv use System V sum algorithm, use 512 bytes blocks --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Written by Kayvan Aghaiepour and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report sum bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report sum translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for sum is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and sum programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'sum invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.5 February 2011 SUM(1)