Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replace colon with blank space Post 302576197 by jayan_jay on Thursday 24th of November 2011 02:40:28 AM
Old 11-24-2011
Code:
$ nawk '{gsub(/:/," ")};1' infile

This User Gave Thanks to jayan_jay For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How can i replace a character with blank space?

i want a command for my script!!! say file consists of character 123 125 127. i need a query to replace the number 2 with 0 so the output should be 103 105 107. i use unix-aix (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple field separators in awk? (First a space, then a colon)

How do I deal with extracting a portion of a record when multiple field separators are involved. Let's say I have: Mike Harrington;(555) 555-5555:250:100:175 Christian Dobbins;(555) 555-2358:155:90:201 Susan Dalsass;(555) 555-6279:250:60:50 Archie McNichol;(555) 555-1348:250:100:175 Jody... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a blank space with string "\\ "

Hi, I have a requirement to replace a every blank space with char "\\ ". Like string "God Love" to "God\\ Love" and "God Love" as "God\\ \\ Love". and only in the sed. We have already a script but it is replaceing all continuous blank space with one "\\ ". which is as DIR=`sudo echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay4u
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop to replace txt and add command inside of colon (:)

in one of my script..I have some thing like john:christina : one:: and i want to make it like john:chritina:two:(date command):jackey: basically change 'one' to 'two' and run date :command and add other name: (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
30 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with a blank space using SED

Hello everyone, I want to replace all "," (commas) with a blank space My command thus far is: cat test.text | sed -e s/\`//g | awk '{print$1" "$2" "$3}' I'm sure you guys know this, but the SED command that I am using is to get rid of the "`" (tics). which gives me: name ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayT
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut last blank space

Hello, I am using this to get only directories : ls -l | grep '^d'and here is the result : drwx------ 13 so_nic sonic 13 Nov 4 13:03 GLARY drwx------ 3 so_nic sonic 3 May 6 2010 PSY2R drwx------ 15 so_nic sonic 15 Oct 14 08:47 PSYR1 But I only need to keep this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace carriage return with colon on specific column

Hi, I have to process four source text files with possibility to contain carriage return on the particular column. Thus, i need to replace the carriage return with 3 colons <:::> The particular column position in the source files is not fix but the name is fixed. That is, say for example,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blank space

hi everyone, i have a problem in unix script , i need to remove line that has blank , not blank line . example: mahm,,jdggkhsd,ghskj,,fshjkl can anyone help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham.Donia
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not delete space blank

Hi everyone, i need to "grep" a file with a string with space blanks, like this: grep "XXXX XX" file.txt The problem, i need put the "XXXX XX" in a string variable. When the script executes the grep, do: gresp XXXX XX file.txt How can i solve this problem? The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace colon in HH:MI:SS to hypen?

I have a file that contains timestamp in some of the rows in the file and the field separator is colon and some of the rows have numerical values, timestamp and characters with colon as the field separator We are looking to change colon in HH:MI:SS for the timestamp to hyphen “-“ leaving the field... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
1 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)