Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Don't understand AWK asort behaviour Post 302576140 by jgilot on Wednesday 23rd of November 2011 06:39:58 PM
Old 11-23-2011
Hi all,

Thanks

Last edited by jgilot; 11-24-2011 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: I self responded my question.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

don't understand the unix script

if {"$my_ext_type" = MAIN]; then cd $v_sc_dir Filex.SH $v_so_dir\/$v_fr_file Can somebody tell me what does this suggest. I am pretty new to unix and I am getting confused. What i understood from here is If we have a file extension name as MAIN which we have then we change the directory to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pochaman
1 Replies

2. Solaris

I don`t understand how It work (about startup script)?

Hi all. The startup script in /usr/local/bin. After user login the script run an application. Iwould in the same way run the another application. How to make It similar? Where I must to look? Regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Don't understand how RS functions in awk

I learn using RS in awk to extract portion of file in this forum which is wonderful solution to the problem. However, I don't understand how exactly it operates. I don't quite understand the mechanism behind how searching for /DATA2/ can result in extracting the whole section under "DATA2" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe228
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

I don't understand some basics..

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1)find all lines in file ,myf that contain all the words cat dog and mouse in any order and start with the letter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cudders
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another Simple BASH command I don't understand. Help?

I have a text file called file1 which contains the text: "ls -l" When I enter this command: bash < file1 > file1 file1 gets erased. However if I enter this command: bash < file1 > newfile the output from "ls -l" is stored in newfile. My question is why doesn't file1's text ("ls -l") get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax that I don't understand.

I'm just trying to confirm that I understand someone's code correctly. If someone has code that says: $foo ||= mysub(); I'm assuming that it means if $foo is nothing or undef, then assign it some value via mysub(). If I'm wrong on this, please let me know. Also, what's the difference... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to compile and don't understand error message

this is my program i am trying to compile /* filedata -- display information about a file */ #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> /* * use octarray for determing * if permission bits set */ static short octarray = {0400, 0200, 0100,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't understand conditions :(

Hi there, I have a very general question. I'm rather new to (bash) shell scripting and I don't understand how conditions work... I've read numerous tutorials but I don't get it. I really don't. Sometime what I do works, sometime it doesn't and that's frustating. So what's the actual difference... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypsis
0 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)