Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Curl Command to download remote certificate Post 302575959 by mohtashims on Wednesday 23rd of November 2011 09:51:52 AM
Old 11-23-2011
Question Curl Command to download remote certificate

Hi,

I have Apache running with the certificates installed.

I need a "unix curl" command to download and display remote server certificate.

Kindly help.

Note: Apache has ""SSLVerifyClient require" set in its configuration.

Last edited by mohtashims; 11-23-2011 at 11:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cURL Active FTP Download

Hello, I know this is probably a very silly question for most but how to do I force curl to do active FTP downloads? Thank you Dallas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasbr
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

curl certificate error

Hi, I am getting below error when I do ------------------------------- curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed More details here: cURL - Details on Server SSL Certificates... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download using curl and redirect question_please help

Basically I am needing to Download (using curl) in the background some data from(link here), with stderr redirected to /dev/null, to a file named taxcode I was doing this, curl & http:// name here/download/pls/Title_26.txt 2> /dev/null > taxcode but the results were not what I was after. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santod
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

openssl fails to download certificate

I tried openssl to download a remote cert on my181.svr.us.cyber.net Below are the 3 steps to generate self sign certificate. 1)To generate keys: /opt/boksm/lib/openssl genrsa -des3 -out server2.key 2048 -config /usr/sfw/lib/webmin/acl/openssl.cnf 2)To generate CSR ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with using curl to download files from https

Hi I'm trying to download an xml file from a https server using curl on a Linux machine with Ubuntu 10.4.2 I am able to connect to the remote server with my username and password but the output is only "Virtual user <username> logged in". I am expecting to download the xml file. My output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: henryN
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl command to download multiple files with a file prefix

I am using the below curl command to download a single file from client server and it is working as expected curl --ftp-ssl -k -u ${USER}:${PASSWD} ftp://${HOST}:${PORT}/path/to/${FILE} --output ${DEST}/${FILE} let say the client has 3 files hellofile.101, hellofile.102, hellofile.103 and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r@v!7*7@
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Curl to download using Linux not working

Good Morning. I'm trying to download a file from a server. I was able to upload to the server successfully but when i download, i see the file name in my server but with some unknow data. The file name i'm trying to download is abcd.zip in binary mode. curl -1 -v --ftp-pasv -o abcd.zip -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan Kumar19
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl parallel download file list

Hello guys, first post sorry if I did some mess here =) Using Ubuntu 14.04lts 64bits server version. I have a list (url.list) with only URLs to download, one per line, that looks like this: http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=1 http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=2 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonispa
6 Replies
SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert(3) 				      OpenSSL					   SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert - add certificate to chain LIBRARY
libcrypto, -lcrypto SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> long SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert(SSL_CTX ctx, X509 *x509) DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert() adds the certificate x509 to the certificate chain presented together with the certificate. Several certificates can be added one after the other. NOTES
When constructing the certificate chain, the chain will be formed from these certificates explicitly specified. If no chain is specified, the library will try to complete the chain from the available CA certificates in the trusted CA storage, see SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3). The x509 certificate provided to SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert() will be freed by the library when the SSL_CTX is destroyed. An application should not free the x509 object. RESTRICTIONS
Only one set of extra chain certificates can be specified per SSL_CTX structure. Different chains for different certificates (for example if both RSA and DSA certificates are specified by the same server) or different SSL structures with the same parent SSL_CTX cannot be specified using this function. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert() returns 1 on success. Check out the error stack to find out the reason for failure otherwise. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_CTX_use_certificate(3), SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb(3), SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3) 1.0.1i 2014-08-10 SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert(3)