Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax error at line 14: `gw_user=' unexpected Post 302575795 by amitranjansahu on Wednesday 23rd of November 2011 12:53:03 AM
Old 11-23-2011
It seems you have syntax problem for sure if you are executing the script in bash shell .

Please make sure that you are using bash shell for executing the script

PHP Code:
bash  1sync.sh ICP 
If this is not working please post here the exact script which you are executing .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sh: syntax error at line 1: `>' unexpected

I compiled C program under SUN OS sparcv9 ...I had a problem related to SIGBUS which has been resolved by adding an option to the CC compiler which is memory alignement option ..-memalign=1i as I remmber ...after running the program I got the below error please let me KNow more details what should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax error at line 33: `elif` unexpected

#!/bin/sh echo "Choose option: e, d, l, t, p, or x." read option if test $option = e then echo "Filename?" read file if test ! -f $file then echo "No such file" else echo "Yes its a file" fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazy
4 Replies

3. Solaris

syntax error at line 59: `end of file' unexpected

Hello... I'm trying to run the sshd script, but I keep geting the Syntax errot message . Here's the last few lines on the script. set nu in vi shows 58 lines, but I keep getting error referring to line 59. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Remi else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

interface_file_ff.sh[99]: syntax error at line 1 : `)' unexpected

Hi, I tried to execute the following code but it showed the output mobile number : 35353425 corr plan id : 13-may-2008 corr target : 551 active_dt : 23414 no ident : IDD action name: A To get the subscriber number for the given mobile number and check if it is active and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geekforu
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Hi All I've used UNIX in the past experimenting with commands through terminal but thats about it. Im now currently teaching myself "C". Using a book from the library, the first chapter asks you run and compile your program from a command-line prompt. As you will see the program is very simple,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: camzio
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error at line 28: `(' unexpected

hi can anyone pls look into this....shell script... Pls find the error below: > sh -n tmp tmp: syntax error at line 28: `(' unexpected isql -Usa -S$1 -P`grep $1 dbpassword|cut -d ":" -f3` -w2000 -b<<! set nocount on declare @i int declare @dbname char(6) declare @tmp int if... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar.y
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax error at line 8: `(' unexpected

Hi I am having a shell script load_data.sh which calls /home/users/project/.profile. When am executing the script, am getting below error: $sh -x bin/load_data.sh null + . /home/users/project/.profile bin/load_data.sh: syntax error at line 8: `(' unexpected The line which is throwing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brijesh.dixit
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error at line 24: `(' unexpected

Hi, I am getting an wired error.... the script is running fine when i run it manually... but the same when i try to run in nohup mode, i am getting error if Error: syntax error at line 24: `(' unexpected The above if is the 24th line!!! I dont understand the error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithz
4 Replies

10. Programming

Sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `(' how to resolve this

Below query is not working for me. Please help me on this DATA EXCLUDE STATEMENT: TABLE:\"LIKE \'%\_HISTORY\'\", TABLE:\"LIKE \'%\_HIST\'\", TABLE:\"in \(select tname from tab where REGEXP_LIKE(TNAME,\'\_H$\'\))\", TABLE:\"LIKE \'%\_LOG\'\", TABLE:\"LIKE \'DW\_%\'\", TABLE:\"LIKE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princy
1 Replies
SYSPROFILE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     SYSPROFILE(8)

NAME
sysprofile - modular centralized shell configuration DESCRIPTION
sysprofile is a generic approach to configure shell settings in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysad- mins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/sysprofile shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are contained in the /etc/sysprofile.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by /etc/sysprofile. This mechanism is set up by inserting a small shell routine into /etc/profile for login shells and optionally into /etc/bashrc and/or /etc/bash.bashrc for non-login shells from where the actual /etc/sysprofile script is invoked: if [ -f /etc/sysprofile ]; then . /etc/sysprofile fi For using "sysprofile" under X11, one can source it in a similar way from /etc/X11/Xsession or your X display manager's Xsession file to provide the same shell environment as under the console in X11. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/sysprofile/ for illustration. For usage of terminal emulators with a non-login bash shell under X11, take care to enable sysprofile via /etc/bash.bashrc. If not set this way, your terminal emulators won't come up with the environment defined by the scripts in /etc/sysprofile.d/. Users not wanting /etc/sysprofile to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosysprofile in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/sysprofile.d/ can be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.sysprofile.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/sysprofile.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syspro- file.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private script inventions to be automagically executed by /etc/sysprofile at login time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /etc/sysprofile.d/ and the manual pages bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at logout time check out the related package syslogout(8) which is a very close compan- ion to sysprofile. BUGS
sysprofile in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
sysprofile was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSPROFILE(8)