Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find perl installed path? Post 302575754 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 06:22:20 PM
Old 11-22-2011
Quote:
in windows how do we find like above?
This forum is not a Windows forum. Having said that, typically the Perl executable should be on the Path environmental variable. Type PATH to see the Path.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if perl is installed?

Hi, i'm designing a unix script and i want to know if there is a shell command or a way to see if perl is installed in the system. thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the program 'perl' is installed ?

Hi, How can I know the perl interpreter is installed in the system? When I type 'find / -name perl -print 2>/dev/null', there is 6 lines listing: /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/perl-5.8.0/bin/perl /usr/opt/IAFW310/PERL/perl /usr/opt/IAFW310/PERL/t/perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
3 Replies

3. AIX

Perl installed by default?

Hi all, I wanted to know if Perl comes installed by default on AIX 5.2 and 5.3. I know it's available through the Linux affinity toolbox, but couldn't figure out if it's installed by default along with the RPM (rpm.rte). Does anyone know for sure? Thanks, JP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbeaudry
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out which sql i have installed .

I use CentOS . I want to know how to find out which sql i have installed .. Can anyone tell .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find about NICs installed

Hi; Is there a way to determine for sure how many NIC ports installed on my Linux box? I tried to run "lspci" but not sure about the results, it's not clear. Below are the results when i run both "ifconfig" & "lspci" on my Linux box i hope someone can help me finding the actual numbers of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CVS installed path

Hi, How to find the CVS installed location on Solaris machine. ~Vinodh' Kumar ---------- Post updated at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:36 PM ---------- I got the solution. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
2 Replies

7. AIX

how to know if my aix have multi-path driver installed?

I have an aix server, it is not a VIO server or client. I need to check if it has multi-path driver installed, how to check it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl

we create a HP-UX software depot with a new perl-modul. after installation of the software depot, the perl module i can't find with instmodsh in the inventory for installed Perl modules. - i have learned of using instmodsh command : i find out what modules are already installed on my system. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
MooseX::Types::Path::Class(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   MooseX::Types::Path::Class(3pm)

NAME
MooseX::Types::Path::Class - A Path::Class type library for Moose SYNOPSIS
package MyClass; use Moose; use MooseX::Types::Path::Class; with 'MooseX::Getopt'; # optional has 'dir' => ( is => 'ro', isa => 'Path::Class::Dir', required => 1, coerce => 1, ); has 'file' => ( is => 'ro', isa => 'Path::Class::File', required => 1, coerce => 1, ); # these attributes are coerced to the # appropriate Path::Class objects MyClass->new( dir => '/some/directory/', file => '/some/file' ); DESCRIPTION
MooseX::Types::Path::Class creates common Moose types, coercions and option specifications useful for dealing with Path::Class objects as Moose attributes. Coercions (see Moose::Util::TypeConstraints) are made from both 'Str' and 'ArrayRef' to both Path::Class::Dir and Path::Class::File objects. If you have MooseX::Getopt installed, the Getopt option type ("=s") will be added for both Path::Class::Dir and Path::Class::File. EXPORTS
None of these are exported by default. They are provided via MooseX::Types. Dir, File These exports can be used instead of the full class names. Example: package MyClass; use Moose; use MooseX::Types::Path::Class qw(Dir File); has 'dir' => ( is => 'ro', isa => Dir, required => 1, coerce => 1, ); has 'file' => ( is => 'ro', isa => File, required => 1, coerce => 1, ); Note that there are no quotes around Dir or File. is_Dir($value), is_File($value) Returns true or false based on whether $value is a valid Dir or File. to_Dir($value), to_File($value) Attempts to coerce $value to a Dir or File. Returns the coerced value or false if the coercion failed. DEPENDENCIES
Moose, MooseX::Types, Path::Class BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
If you find a bug please either email the author, or add the bug to cpan-RT <http://rt.cpan.org>. AUTHOR
Todd Hepler "<thepler@employees.org>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2008, Todd Hepler "<thepler@employees.org>". This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.10.1 2008-07-09 MooseX::Types::Path::Class(3pm)