Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find perl installed path? Post 302575754 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 06:22:20 PM
Old 11-22-2011
Quote:
in windows how do we find like above?
This forum is not a Windows forum. Having said that, typically the Perl executable should be on the Path environmental variable. Type PATH to see the Path.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if perl is installed?

Hi, i'm designing a unix script and i want to know if there is a shell command or a way to see if perl is installed in the system. thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the program 'perl' is installed ?

Hi, How can I know the perl interpreter is installed in the system? When I type 'find / -name perl -print 2>/dev/null', there is 6 lines listing: /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/perl-5.8.0/bin/perl /usr/opt/IAFW310/PERL/perl /usr/opt/IAFW310/PERL/t/perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
3 Replies

3. AIX

Perl installed by default?

Hi all, I wanted to know if Perl comes installed by default on AIX 5.2 and 5.3. I know it's available through the Linux affinity toolbox, but couldn't figure out if it's installed by default along with the RPM (rpm.rte). Does anyone know for sure? Thanks, JP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbeaudry
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out which sql i have installed .

I use CentOS . I want to know how to find out which sql i have installed .. Can anyone tell .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find about NICs installed

Hi; Is there a way to determine for sure how many NIC ports installed on my Linux box? I tried to run "lspci" but not sure about the results, it's not clear. Below are the results when i run both "ifconfig" & "lspci" on my Linux box i hope someone can help me finding the actual numbers of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CVS installed path

Hi, How to find the CVS installed location on Solaris machine. ~Vinodh' Kumar ---------- Post updated at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:36 PM ---------- I got the solution. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
2 Replies

7. AIX

how to know if my aix have multi-path driver installed?

I have an aix server, it is not a VIO server or client. I need to check if it has multi-path driver installed, how to check it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl

we create a HP-UX software depot with a new perl-modul. after installation of the software depot, the perl module i can't find with instmodsh in the inventory for installed Perl modules. - i have learned of using instmodsh command : i find out what modules are already installed on my system. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
WinCommand(1x)						   AfterStep X11 window manager 					    WinCommand(1x)

NAME
WinCommand - AfterStep module for choosing and manipulating windows based on patterns CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
DESCRIPTION
WinCommand is a command line tool which allows you to select windows based on their name and to then manipulate them in various ways. Actions currently supported are: "center", "center jump", "iconify", "jump", "kill", "move", "resize" and "sendtodesk". DEFAULTS
The default pattern is "", meaning all windows will be selected. All other default-values depend on the action you would like WinCommand to take. If more than one action is specified, default-values are set depending on the last action specified. ACTIONS
center Place matching windows into the center of the screen. center jump: Places first window that matches into the center of the screen and jumps to it. iconify: Iconifies matching windows. jump: Jumps to the first window which matches. kill: Kills all matching windows. move: Moves all matching windows to x/y. x and y are specified using the -x and -y flags. resize: Resize all matching windows. The two parameters width and height are specified using the -width and -height flags. send_to_desk: Send all matching windows to desk specified with the -new_desk flag. OPTIONS
-all Operate on all windows which match the given pattern. This is set by default unless the action is either "jump" or "center jump". -alldesks Windows on all desks will be taken into account. This is set by default if action is either "jump" or "center jump". -desk Windows on the whole desk will be taken into account. -x/-y These are required when issuing the move-command. -width/-height These are required whenever you want to resize windows. Examples WinCommand -pattern term iconify This command will iconify all terminals. Since the specified pattern is a regular expression, something like this also works: WinCommand -pattern "(term)|(moz)" iconify This will iconify all terminals and mozilla-browser windows. WinCommand -pattern xmm jump will jump to your xmms. In this situation, it's far more advisable to use GWCommand though. It is probably not a good idea to delete windows while windows are being arranged. 3rd Berkeley Distribution AfterStep v.2.2.11 WinCommand(1x)