Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing columns from a text file that do not have any values in second and third columns Post 302575712 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 02:32:19 PM
Old 11-22-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by frappa
Code:
$ awk ' NF > 1 { print } ' file.txt

or simply:
Code:
awk 'NF > 1' file.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing columns of a file using vi Editor

Hi Experts, I have a file which looks like in this way 1 2233|A.K Shukla |G.M |Sales |12/12/52|6000 2 9876|Jai Sharma |Director |Production |12/03/50|67000 3 5678|Sumit Chakarborty |D.G.M |Marketing |19/04/43|6000 4 2365|Barun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DilipPanda
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank columns from a file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below -- id parent name dba -----------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumirmehta
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combine the values from the first two columns within a file

Hello everybody, I have a text file containing 10,000 rows and 5000 columns. The values are separated by a tab. Ex. file_ex.ped 1 mike 0 0 2 1 A A G G C T A G 1 jack 0 0 2 2 T A G T C A A C 1 Mary 0 0 1 2 A T G C A T G C ... I would like a out put file 1 mike 0 0 2 1 AA GG CT AG 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Subtracting values from 2 columns in a file

Hello, I have a file with 5 columns that looks like this: A1BG chr19 + 58863335 58866549 A1BG chr19 - 58858171 58864865 A2LD1 chr13 - 101182417 101186056 A2LD1 chr13 - 101182417 101241046 A2M chr12 - 9220303 9268558 A2ML1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf_blue
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a text file based on the values of two columns (given ranges)

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with multiple columns. The second and third columns include numbers that have not been sorted. I want to extract rows where the second column includes a value between -0.01 and 0.01 (including both numbers) and the first third column includes a value between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates in fixed width file which has multiple key columns

Hi All , I have a requirement where I need to remove duplicates from a fixed width file which has multiple key columns .Also , need to capture the duplicate records into another file . File has 8 columns. Key columns are col1 and col2. Col1 has the length of 8 col 2 has the length of 3. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns with values dependent on existing columns

Hello I have a file as below chr1 start ref alt code1 code2 chr1 18884 C CAAAA 2 0 chr1 135419 TATACA T 2 0 chr1 332045 T TTG 0 2 chr1 453838 T TAC 2 0 chr1 567652 T TG 1 0 chr1 602541 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plumb_r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate 2-columns by 2 -columns for a text file?

Hello, I want to concatenate 2-columns by 2-columns separated by colon. How can I do so? For example, I have a text file containing 6 columns separated by tab. I want to concatenate column 1 and 2; column 3 and 4; column 5 and 6, respectively, and put a colon in between. input file: 1 0 0 1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates from delimited file based on 2 columns

Hi guys,Got a bit of a bind I'm in. I'm looking to remove duplicates from a pipe delimited file, but do so based on 2 columns. Sounds easy enough, but here's the kicker... Column #1 is a simple ID, which is used to identify the duplicate. Once dups are identified, I need to only keep the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinprood
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Add values to file in 2 new columns

Columns 4 and 5 are X and Y coordinates, column 6 is the elevation I would like to add 2 new columns at the end of the file with values the distance between first(X)(Y) and last location (X)(Y), based in 2 rows the difference in elevation = ($6-prev6) How to calculate the requested values... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
6 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)