Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsync backup and recovery options Post 302575696 by MVEERA on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 01:57:42 PM
Old 11-22-2011
rsync backup and recovery options

Hi,

Do we have any options in rsync to recover files from the backup?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup recovery

i have taken a backup using cpio command. Now i want to retrieve the contents. Replies appreciated. raguram (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
2 Replies

2. AIX

TSM backup and recovery problem

When I use tsm command: archive -subdir=yes /dir1/ to backup file system: /dir1 After I delete the contents under /dir1 and recovery it from TSM backup, retrieve /dir1/ I found the link breaked. Such as: Before: ls -l lrwxrwxrwx 1 abc develop 8 Apr 28 16:04 bin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. Linux

Q: Backup and recovery in major corporations?

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to post. As i'm not too sure where this question would go. The question is: How is backup and recovery carried out in major corporations. Even if you are not in a major corporation an answer would be great. I'm doing some research as to how it's carried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LibRid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync backup

How do i use Rsync yo pickup only new or modified files from source? I am using rsync -ravzpotu --delete-excluded but sometimes it goes thru all files again (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprool
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Redhat backup/recovery

Can you please let me know a clear step by step procedure link/doc for an effective full backup and recovery procedure for a Redhat server with 2.6.34.9-69.fc13.x86_64 ? Thanks in advance. I also have the same question for Ubuntu Enterprise 12.04 if you would ... thanks again (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmontr
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync better use for backup

Hello, I have a list of working directory in a remote computer acesssible through ssh and the same directory structure in my home directory of my laptop. I sometimes work on both my laptop and my this other computer. I usually use Rsync this way to synchronize files rsync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Backup and Recovery

Is it possible to take incremental backup in Linux using tar command? Please guide me. Suppose I have a directory /data. And want incremental backup. What will be the incremental "tar" command syntax? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer2002
6 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)