Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lsof in HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX lsof in HP-UX Post 302575661 by Vorb on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 11:01:42 AM
Old 11-22-2011
Guys.. i understand it)) But the question was - how can i get the filenames? Is it possible in HP-UX? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof output

I have a number of open files connecting to the rpcbind process running on HPUX 11.00. Usinf lsof -p rpcbind I am unable to identify the ip addresses of the open files. Example of one below - Any ideas? rpcbind 19754 root 100u inet 72,0x72 0t0 TCP 79.60.53.40:* (BOUND) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malcolmm
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

lsof

Could someone please give me a step for a hint on which version and where is the above utility is for version 4.3.3.0 of Aix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof ???

Hi All, I'm having a problem with "lsof" in HP-UX system. Its giving me 2 two different results when running it. 1 . lsof -p 'PID' | wc -l -----gives some value 2 . lsof | grep 'PID' | wc -l The above two commands gives me two different values with the same PID...... Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

lsof on HPUX 11.23

Hey Guys... I am looking for lsof by HPUX 11.23 . Could someone said me where can download it? Thanks in Advance. ANGEL GADEA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

lsof equivalent in HP-UX

I need lsof equivalent in HP-UX. I do not want to add lsof utility separately. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and lsof

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also. To get the process id which is accessing the biggest file in the given file system, i am using the below command. lsof -s /home/arun/my_work |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof

I'm looking to list all of the files open at a certain time up on a UNIX box. From looking on the internet, it looks as though lsof is the most common. However have tried this and got the following: ksh: lsof: not found Now having gone into bash mode and hit tab twice I see that lsof... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about lsof

Hi, I typed lsof -i :80 in my putty but i am not able to get sockets related to port 80 Can any one help me out soon Can anyone point out the reason for not able to get the related sockets Output of what i am getting in my putty is displayed below training@use:~> lsof -i :80... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
4 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Lsof output

This is abridged lsof output from my safari process: Safari 13063 owner 9u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1293 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9b7534eab Safari 13063 owner 10u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be0933 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9c1be1423 Safari 13063 owner 11u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1423 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakurashinken
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lsof command

Hi, I am trying to find the files in a specific directory that are currently in open state. I need this information to archive the old files that are not active in the directory. I get the following output when I try the command $ lsof +d '/var/tmp/'|awk '{print $9}'|sort -u NAME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryzen7
1 Replies
HLS(1)							      General Commands Manual							    HLS(1)

NAME
hls - list files in an HFS directory SYNOPSIS
hls [options] [hfs-path ...] DESCRIPTION
hls lists files and directories contained in an HFS volume. If one or more arguments are given, each specified file or directory is shown; otherwise, the contents of the current working directory are shown. OPTIONS
-1 Output is formatted such that each entry appears on a single line. This is the default when stdout is not a terminal. -a All files and directories are shown, including "invisible" files, as would be perceived by the Macintosh Finder. Normally invisible files are omitted from directory listings. -b Special characters are displayed in an escaped backslash notation. Normally special or non-printable characters in filenames are replaced by a question mark (?). -c Sort and display entries by their creation date, rather than their modification date. -d List directory entries themselves rather than their contents. Normally the contents are shown for named directories on the command- line. -f Do not sort directory contents; list them in the order they appear in the directory. This option effectively enables -a and -U and disables -l, -s, and -t. -i Show the catalog IDs for each entry. Every file and directory on an HFS volume has a unique catalog ID. -l Display entries in long format. This format shows the entry type ("d" for directory or "f" for file), flags ("i" for invisible), file type and creator (four-character strings for files only), size (number of directory sub-contents or file resource and data bytes, respectively), date of last modification (or creation, with -c flag), and pathname. Macintosh "locked" files are indicated by "F" in place of "f". -m Display entries in a continuous format separated by commas. -q Replace special and non-printable characters in displayed filenames with question marks (?). This is the default when stdout is con- nected to a terminal. -r Sort entries in reverse order before displaying. -s Show the file size for each entry in 1K block units. The size includes blocks used for both data and resource forks. -t Sort and display entries by time. Normally files will be sorted by name. This option uses the last modification date to sort unless -c is also specified. -x Display entries in column format like -C, but sorted horizontally into rows rather than columns. -w width Format output lines suitable for display in the given width. Normally the width will be determined from your terminal, from the environment variable COLUMNS, or from a default value of 80. -C Display entries in column format with entries sorted vertically. This is the default output format when stdout is connected to a terminal. -F Cause certain output filenames to be followed by a single-character flag indicating the nature of the entry; directories are fol- lowed by a colon (:) and executable Macintosh applications are followed by an asterisk (*). -N Cause all filenames to be output verbatim without any escaping or question-mark substitution. -Q Cause all filenames to be enclosed within double-quotes (") and special/non-printable characters to be properly escaped. -R For each directory that is encountered in a listing, recursively descend into and display its contents. -S Sort and display entries by size. For files, the combined resource and data lengths are used to compute a file's size. -U Do not sort directory contents; list them in the order they appear in the directory. On HFS volumes, this is usually an alphabetical case-insensitive ordering, although there are some idiosyncrasies to the Macintosh implementation of ordering. This option does not affect -a, -l, or -s. SEE ALSO
hfsutils(1), hcd(1), hpwd(1), hdir(1), hcopy(1) FILES
$HOME/.hcwd AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> HFSUTILS
14-Jan-1997 HLS(1)