Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to handle french char. in SunOS Post 302575649 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 09:25:54 AM
Old 11-22-2011
What locale is your SunOS system using?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing French special characters

Hi, I have tonnes of .txt files that are written in French. I need to replace the French special characters, however, with English equivalents (e.g. é -> e and ç -> c). I have tried this --- #!/bin/bash # Convert French characters to normal characters # Treat each of the files exec... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
4 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Problems with French Characters

I am having a problem with two OSes. One is running windows 2003 and sending XML to a second system running Unix (HP-UX 11i v1). Windows sends XML to the UNIX system fine but then the UNIX system reads the buffer file and turns the french characters into the following: é Ú É ╔ Î ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redfin
3 Replies

5. Solaris

significance of "+" char in SunOS "ls -l" output

Hi, I've noticed that the permissions output from "ls -l" under SunOS differs from Linux in that after the "rwxrwxrwx" field, there is an additional "+" character that may or may not be there. What is the significance of this character? Thanks, Suan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
6 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t

This question might be silly but its confusing me a bit: What is the difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t? ---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- Sorry I saw details and HANDLE is in windows and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate from english to french

Hi, I wrote a script to convert a given word from English to French. But I am not able to figure out what I am missing here. I am not able to get the translated word Below is my script: French=/root/dict/entofr.txt for i in $* do word="echo $word $i" done while: do cat <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinky7630
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

French characters in postfix/sendmail

Hello again, How can I send emails via postfix with special characters like "à" via postfix. When I'm paste-ing the special character inside a editor (nano) it shows like this --> � ... any tips? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
french-deconjugator(1)													    french-deconjugator(1)

NAME
french-deconjugator - analyze conjugated French verbs SYNOPSIS
echo aime | french-deconjugator > result.txt DESCRIPTION
french-deconjugator reads conjugated French verbs from the command line or from standard input and writes (to standard output) the verb's infinitive form, the mode (infinitive, indicative, conditional, subjunctive, imperative or participle), the tense (present, past, imper- fect, future), the person (1, 2 or 3, while 0 is used for the present participle tense, and 4 and 5 are used in the past participle tense), and the number (singular or plural). These fields are separated by a comma and a space. The standard input is not read if verbs are passed as command-line arguments. By convention, persons 4 and 5 are used in the past participle tense to indicate the gender: 4 means masculine (e.g., "aime" or "aimes") and 5 means feminine (e.g., "aimee" or "aimees"). A single conjugated form can correspond to more than one mode, tense and person. In this case, each alternative is written on its own line. In all cases, the end of the answer is marked by an empty line. If the word is unknown, only this empty line is written. The names for the mode, tense and number are always in English. (This is meant to facilitate automatic parsing of the output. For a French user inter- face, see the GNOME application and applet.) The command flushes its output buffer after finishing each answer. This allows the command to be easily called from another program through two pipes. The command starts by loading its database from XML files (stored typically in /usr/share/verbiste). This takes some time, so it is a good idea to have the command answer many requests instead of running it for each request. The verbiste library's source archive contains Perl and Java example programs that illustrate this technique. This commands expects to read Latin-1 characters and writes Latin-1 characters. There must not be any leading or trailing white spaces on the lines read by the command. OPTIONS
--help display a help page and exit --version display version information and exit --lang=L select the language to use (fr for French or it for Italian); French is the default language --utf8 assume that the terminal uses the UTF-8 encoding instead of Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1); try this option if Verbiste claims not to know a verb that contains an accented character --all-infinitives print the infinitive form of all the verbs in the knowledge base, one per line, unsorted; other command-line arguments are ignored EXAMPLES
$ french-deconjugator aime aimer, participle, past, 0, singular $ echo -ne 'a plu ete ' | french-deconjugator avoir, indicative, present, 3, singular plaire, participle, past, 0, singular pleuvoir, participle, past, 0, singular etre, participle, past, 0, singular LICENSE
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License. This program has absolutely no warranty. AUTHOR
See the verbiste(3) manual page. BUGS
See the verbiste(3) manual page. SEE ALSO
verbiste(3), french-conjugator(1). April 28th, 2012 french-deconjugator(1)