Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing file: struggling against sed command Post 302575631 by ahamed101 on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 08:38:46 AM
Old 11-22-2011
what is your expected output?

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Struggling with a text file

Hi, I am struggling with the following... I try to grep out information of a text file I got with lynx, a text browser. The text file I get from lynx with dump is attached in the bottom. What I would like to get is another file containing the astro-ph/98324 (number) and title and list of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help- Unix File Compare- Struggling

I had posted this earlier about 3 weeks ago and had recieved a response and I did sort both the files and the comm command is still not working. Can someone please assist me, I would really appreciate it. Below is what I am trying to do I need to compare File A with File B and create FILE C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing xml file using Sed

Hi All, I have this(.xml) file as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance name='ins_C2Londondev' user='' group='' fullname='B2%20-%20London%20(dev)' > <property> </property> </instance> I want output as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilkinha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file (sed/awk?)

Hello people, newbie question. I'm trying to parse these type of file 1 "CAR " " C1 " " " 6 0 C1 2 "CAR " " O1A" " " 8 0 O1A 3 "CAR " " O1B" " " 8 -1 O1B 4 "CAR " " C2 " " " 6 0 C2 5 "CAR " " C3 " " " 6 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed for parsing file

Hi All, I have a log file like this E Mon Oct 06 00:17:08 2008 xxx2 cm:10614 fm_pi2_svc_iptv_purchase.c:149 1:pin_deferred_act:10601:11:169:1223245028:16 pi2_op_svc_iptv_purchase error <location=PIN_ERRLOC_FM:5 class=PIN_ERRCLASS_SYSTEM_DETERMINATE:1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Struggling with arrays and delimited file

Hi, I am trying to use arrays in my script but can not seem to get it to work. I have a file called sections, this contains headers from a tripwire log file, separated by "@" but could be "," if easier The headers will be used to cut sections from the log file into another to be mailed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing complicated CSV file with sed

Yes, there is a great doc out there that discusses parsing csv files with sed, and this topic has been covered before but not enough to answer my question (unix.com forums). I'm trying to parse a CSV file that has optional quotes like the following: "Apple","Apples, are fun",3.60,4.4,"I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: analog999
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing through a file with awk/sed

I don't necessary have a problem, as I have a solution. It is just that there may be a better solution. GOAL: Part one: Parse data from a file using the "\" as a delimiter and extracting only the last delimiter. Part two: Parse same file and extract everything but the last delimited item. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeYaGlad
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing xml file (sed/nawk)

I have a large xml file as shown below: <input> <blah> <blah> <atr="blah blah value = ""> <blah> <blah> </input> ..2nd chunk... ..3rd chunk... ...4th chunk... All lines between <input> and </input> is one 'order' and this 'order' is repeated... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with sed and ini file parsing

hi people, i'm having a hard time trying to extract a list of vars delimited by section inside a ini file ... let's consider this ini file : ; config file DESC = "channel synchro TGG01" DMM_VER = DMM23 PATH_FIFO = /users/tgg00/fifo QRT = BTS01.TGG.01.2 MODE_TRACE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: odium74
5 Replies
Biber::Output::base(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Biber::Output::base(3pm)

NAME
Biber::Output::Base - base class for Biber output modules. new Initialize a Biber::Output::Base object set_output_target_file Set the output target file of a Biber::Output::Base object A convenience around set_output_target so we can keep track of the filename set_output_target Set the output target of a Biber::Output::Base object set_output_head Set the output head of a Biber::Output::Base object $data could be anything - the caller is expected to know. set_output_tail Set the output tail of a Biber::Output::Base object $data could be anything - the caller is expected to know. get_output_head Get the output head of a Biber::Output object $data could be anything - the caller is expected to know. Mainly used in debugging get_output_tail Get the output tail of a Biber::Output object $data could be anything - the caller is expected to know. Mainly used in debugging add_output_head Add to the head output data of a Biber::Output::Base object The base class method just does a string append add_output_tail Add to the tail output data of a Biber::Output::Base object The base class method just does a string append set_output_section Records the section object in the output object We need some information from this when writing the .bbl get_output_section Retrieve the output section object get_output_entries Get the sorted order output data for all entries in a list as array ref get_output_entry Get the output data for a specific entry. Used really only in tests as it instantiates list dynamic information so we can see it in tests set_los Set the output list of shorthands for a section get_los Get the output list of shorthands for a section as an array set_output_entry Add an entry output to a Biber::Output::Base object The base class method just does a dump create_output_misc Create the output for misc bits and pieces like preamble and closing macro call and add to output object. create_output_section Create the output from the sections data and push it into the output object. set_output_keyalias Set the output for a key which is an alias to another key set_output_undefkey Set the output for an undefined key output Generic base output method AUTHORS
Francois Charette, "<firmicus at ankabut.net>" Philip Kime "<philip at kime.org.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests on our sourceforge tracker at <https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=228270>. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2012 Francois Charette and Philip Kime, all rights reserved. This module is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-17 Biber::Output::base(3pm)