Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root File System
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Root File System Post 302575568 by frappa on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 04:31:34 AM
Old 11-22-2011
Hi,

for the general structure of linux filesystem take a look at:
General overview of the Linux file system

The rest of the guide is worth giving a look at:
Introduction to Linux

see ya
fra

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT, root file system is 99%

help, urgently root file is 99% hi, this iptrace causes my root file system to be 99%. iptrace writes to a file but i didn not specify any file so how? and how to reduce my root file system since i suspect that it is iptrace which causes this.? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root file system full

Hi I have a Solaris 2.5.1 system. Recently my file system is full and i couldn't find what flood my root file system. Anyone can suggext any directories i should look out for. I am using Samba and Patrol agent. I am just usng this server as a file server, users cannot login into the system,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Root File system Space

Hi I'm using HP-UX 11.00, the root file system is as shown below. Several time it reach 100% used, to free some space I use to reboot the system. What can I do to free some space without rebooting the machine? Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Root file system is 82% full

Hi I want to find out the reason that why root partition is 82% full? when i did fu -k / then most of files were created on /var . can you please help me to find out what I need to do in order to find the reason. Regards Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root File System Full

Hi All, The root file system of the HP-UX serevr I use is showing as 100% full. It has a disk space of ~524MB. When I add up the sizes of all the files and directories (using du -sk) , except mount points, it came up to 237MB. But when I bdf it still shows 100% full Can anyone help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

6. Solaris

root file system issue

Hi, In df -h root file system showing (total size) (used) (free) /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 11G 7.6G 2.8G 73% / but du -hd command showng 5.1 gb used sapce. I am missing 3.00 gb space. Here I have to knoe where is Remaining space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to recover root file system

Please can anyone explain me how to take a backup of root file system and how to recover it if it is corrupted. please explain me in detail (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Why Veritas is not used for root file system.

Dear All, In our environment we use SDS (Solaris Vlume Manager) for root file system.So, I am wondering why Veritas is not use for the same. root@abc # df -kh Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 30G 22G 6.9G 77% / /devices ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root file system full..Need help

Hi guys, In sun E250 server,root file system is full. we cleared log files in var/adm folder syslogs,mail logs,crash logs are empty. This is a production server. we are not able to run fsck from single user mode. I have given output of df and du command.How to create space in root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies
javaws(1)						      General Commands Manual							 javaws(1)

NAME
javaws - Java Web Start launcher command SYNOPSIS
javaws [ options ] [ URL ] PARAMETERS
options Command-line options. Options many be in any order. For a discussion of the various options, see OPTIONS below. URL Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the JNLP (Java Network Launching Protocol) file. DESCRIPTION
The javaws command launches Java Web Start, which is the reference implementation of the Java Network Launching Protocol (JNLP). Java Web Start launches java application/applets hosted on a network. Without any options javaws will launch the Java JNLP Application Manager, from which users can launch applications/applet or configure Java Web Start. If a URL for a JNLP file is specified, javaws will launch the Java application/applet specified in the JNLP file. OPTIONS
The javaws launcher has a set of options that are supported in the current release. However, the options may be removed in a future release. All -X options are non-standard and subject to change. -offline Runs Java Web Start in offline mode. -uninstall URL Removes a specific application/applet from the user's cache, as indicated by the URL for the JNLP file. Java Web Start will exit after the command has completed. -updateVersions Updates the Java Web Start configuration file based on the current machine's settings. Java Web Start will exit when the command is completed. -Xclearcache Clears the user's cache. Java Web Start will exit after the command has completed. -Xnosplash Disables the display of the initial splash screen. -import Imports the application specified by the URL into the user's cache but does not run it.. -silent When used with the -import option, imports in silent mode; i.e., there will be no UI pop up. The process exit code will be either 0 if successful or 1 if not. -codebase URL Replaces the codebase with URL in the jnlp file specified when importing the resources. URL must be a valid URL. -system Uses the system cache instead of the user cache. -shortcut Allows the creation of shortcuts during silent import. -association Allows the creation of associations during silent import. -open arguments If specified, replaces the arguments in the jnlp file with -open arguments. -print arguments If specified, replaces the arguments in the jnlp file with -print arguments. -online Runs in online mode (default behavior). -viewer Runs the Java Application Cache Viewer (default if no URL is specified). -userConfig property-name Clears the specified deployment property. -userConfig property-name property-value Sets the specified deployment property to the specified value. -wait If specified, the javaws process will not exit until the application exits. FILES
For more information about the user and system cache and deployment.properties files, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deploy- ment/deployment-guide/properties.html MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Java Web Start, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/index.html. 09 April 2004 javaws(1)