Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root File System
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Root File System Post 302575568 by frappa on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 04:31:34 AM
Old 11-22-2011
Hi,

for the general structure of linux filesystem take a look at:
General overview of the Linux file system

The rest of the guide is worth giving a look at:
Introduction to Linux

see ya
fra

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT, root file system is 99%

help, urgently root file is 99% hi, this iptrace causes my root file system to be 99%. iptrace writes to a file but i didn not specify any file so how? and how to reduce my root file system since i suspect that it is iptrace which causes this.? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root file system full

Hi I have a Solaris 2.5.1 system. Recently my file system is full and i couldn't find what flood my root file system. Anyone can suggext any directories i should look out for. I am using Samba and Patrol agent. I am just usng this server as a file server, users cannot login into the system,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Root File system Space

Hi I'm using HP-UX 11.00, the root file system is as shown below. Several time it reach 100% used, to free some space I use to reboot the system. What can I do to free some space without rebooting the machine? Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Root file system is 82% full

Hi I want to find out the reason that why root partition is 82% full? when i did fu -k / then most of files were created on /var . can you please help me to find out what I need to do in order to find the reason. Regards Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root File System Full

Hi All, The root file system of the HP-UX serevr I use is showing as 100% full. It has a disk space of ~524MB. When I add up the sizes of all the files and directories (using du -sk) , except mount points, it came up to 237MB. But when I bdf it still shows 100% full Can anyone help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

6. Solaris

root file system issue

Hi, In df -h root file system showing (total size) (used) (free) /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 11G 7.6G 2.8G 73% / but du -hd command showng 5.1 gb used sapce. I am missing 3.00 gb space. Here I have to knoe where is Remaining space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to recover root file system

Please can anyone explain me how to take a backup of root file system and how to recover it if it is corrupted. please explain me in detail (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Why Veritas is not used for root file system.

Dear All, In our environment we use SDS (Solaris Vlume Manager) for root file system.So, I am wondering why Veritas is not use for the same. root@abc # df -kh Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 30G 22G 6.9G 77% / /devices ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root file system full..Need help

Hi guys, In sun E250 server,root file system is full. we cleared log files in var/adm folder syslogs,mail logs,crash logs are empty. This is a production server. we are not able to run fsck from single user mode. I have given output of df and du command.How to create space in root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies
BUILDTORRENT(1) 						   User Commands						   BUILDTORRENT(1)

NAME
buildtorrent - a torrent file creation program. SYNOPSIS
buildtorrent [OPTIONS] -a announceurl input output buildtorrent [OPTIONS] -a announceurl -f filelist -n name output DESCRIPTION
buildtorrent is a torrent file creation program. Given an announce url and an input file or directory, buildtorrent generates an output .torrent file that can be used by torrent clients. OPTIONS
-a announce, --announce=url Announce URL (required). -f filelist, --filelist=filelist A text file (or - for standard input) containing a list of files to add to the output torrent file, together with the path to use inside the torrent. One file is given per line, use / as path separator for the torrent path, use | to separate the filesystem path from the torrent path. Backslash can be used to escape newlines and | characters inside names. For example: /data/files/linux.iso|bin/linux.iso /data/files/linux.txt|doc/linux.txt Using this option requires that the --name option be used. -n name, --name=name Specify the name for the torrent. Usage of this option is required when the --filelist option is used, in which case it specifies the name of the torrent directory. Usage without a file list overrides the name of the directory or file given on the command line. -A announces, --announcelist=announces Additional announce URL list. Use , to separate outer level lists, and | to separate inner level items; for example: a,b1|b2,c -w webseeds, --webseeds=webseeds Additional WebSeed URL list. Use , to separate items; for example: a,b,c -l length, --piecelength=length Piece length in bytes (default 262144). -L length, --piecesize=size Use 2^size as piece length (default 18) (overrides -l ). -c comment, --comment=comment User comment (omitted by default). -p private, --private=private Private flag (either 0 or 1). -D, --nodate Omit the creation date field. -C, --nocreator Omit the created by field. -m, --md5sum Add an md5sum field for each file. -s, --show Show generated torrent structure. -S, --showall Show generated torrent structure, including piece data. -q, --quiet Quiet operation with reduced output. -V, --version Show the version string. -h, --help Show a help screen with brief usage information. AUTHORS
Claude Heiland-Allen (claudiusmaximus@goto10.org) SEE ALSO
createtorrent(1), mktorrent(1) http://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification http://bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0012.html http://www.getright.com/seedtorrent.html 0.8 January 2010 BUILDTORRENT(1)