Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: waking up
Special Forums IP Networking waking up Post 302575544 by pludi on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 03:32:06 AM
Old 11-22-2011
Since you ask a very generic question I assume a very generic answer will suffice, so: yes.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Waking up windowsXP from FC3

In my home network I have a windows XP server and a Redhat FC3 Linux server. The linux server has ssh open to the internet. What I'd like to do is ssh into the FC3 machine and "wakeup" the windows XP box which is in standby mode. Anyone know a way to achieve this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Debian

Laptop waking up in bag: go back to sleep script

I have a Debian-derived distro (Kubuntu 8.04) running on a Dell Inspiron laptop. This laptop often wakes from RAM suspension while in my bag. I would like to run a script, upon RAM suspension wake, that would detect if the lid switch is closed. If so, then the script should put the machine back in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Sound fails after waking from hibernate -- Intrepid/Xubuntu

Title says it all. Occasionally but frequently I lose sound: external speakers and headphones both make no noise. I just realized that this tends to happen (perhaps only happens) after starting the computer following hibernation. Rebooting always fixes the issue... but I'd hate to tell my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Losing wmx0 interface after waking up from hibernation

I don't know why, but I can't connect to my WiMax network after waking up from hibernation... System log shows the following messages: Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: libwimax: 6843 Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: E: RX: cannot join multicast group 0: -22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Waking Up USB External Hard Drive for file archiving

Hello Experts, I hope I'm writing to the correct category for my question. I have a very basic shell script for doing file archiving to the external usb hard drive (WD studio edition II 2TB formatted as FAT32 for compatibility). The shell script only needs to run once per day. It basically... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johankor
8 Replies
ip6_setup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      ip6_setup(8)

NAME
ip6_setup - IPv6 configuration program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ip6_setup DESCRIPTION
The ip6_setup utility allows you to configure the IPv6 networking software on your system. To run ip6_setup, enter the following command and then answer the questions: # ip6_setup You must know your Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) address. If your network uses subnet routing, you must know the subnet mask for your network. The network manager should be able to provide you with the information that you need. After the ip6_setup command completes, the network services on the system can be restarted manually with the following command: # /usr/sbin/rcinet restart Before you restart the network services with the preceding command, warn the users that the network services on the system are being removed. File systems that were not mounted using the /etc/fstab file or the automount command must be unmounted with the unmount command. You must remount these file systems using the mount command after the network is started on your system. Alternatively, you can reboot the system with the following command: # /usr/sbin/shutdown -r now FILES
Specifies the host name file. Specifies the environment variables that define the network configuration on your system. Specifies the trusted hosts file. Specifies the network name file. Specifies Internet routing information. Specifies Internet routing information. SEE ALSO
Commands: mount(8), rcinet(8) Files: gateways(4), hosts(4), hosts.equiv(4), networks(4), routes(4). Network Administration ip6_setup(8)