Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting loop through files in each folder and perform sed Post 302575465 by ymeyaw on Monday 21st of November 2011 09:28:53 PM
Old 11-21-2011
loop through files in each folder and perform sed

Dear all,

I have few log folders in directory (FILE) and i need to perform sed on each files inside each folders. Here is my script, and i wish to rename each file back to the same file name after modification. Can anyone guide me on my script below?

eg:

folder1 contain files ABC.log,ABCD.log
folder 2 contain files EFG.log,EFGH.log

Code:
for toclean in `ls $FILE/*`
do
basetoclean=`basename $toclean .txt`
sed '1,/============/d' $toclean > $toclean.txt
sed -e '1d' -e '2d' -e '/^$/,/Output/d' $toclean.txt > $toclean.log
done

Thanks alot and looking forward for your help!!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment How to use code tags

Last edited by Franklin52; 11-22-2011 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk script to remove text / or perform calculations from large CSV files

I have a large CSV files (e.g. 2 million records) and am hoping to do one of two things. I have been trying to use awk and sed but am a newbie and can't figure out how to get it to work. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated - I'm stuck trying to remove the colon and wildcards in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metronomadic
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through text file > Copy Folder > Edit XML files in bulk?

I have a text file which contains lines in this format - it contains 105 lines in total, but I'm just putting 4 here to keep it short: 58571,east_ppl_ppla_por 58788,east_pcy_hd_por 58704,east_pcy_ga_por 58697,east_pcy_pcybs_por It's called id_key.txt I have a sample folder called... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biscuitcreek
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to rename files in a folder - please help with script

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and stuck on renaming files in a folder. The files have the format chp01_00001.wav chp01_00002.wav .... chp02_00001.wav chp02_00002.wav .... but I want them to have the following names: chp_bloomy_00001.wav chp_bloomy_00002.wav chp_bloomy_00003.wav... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloomy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop for number of files in a folder

Hi All, Need a for loop which should run for number of files in a folder and should pass the file name as parameter to another shell script for each loop. Please help me. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace character in files of entire folder? sed? or what?

Hello, I do have several files in one folder each file contains measurement data. for each file I would like to replace the character "," by "." ? How can I do this and how can I do this for each file at once? E.G. data_1.dat, data_x.dat (original version) data_1out.dat, data_x_out.dat... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollinator
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script - cut specified line and perform loop

Guys, I have a requirement as below. consider,if i use df command, its getting the below output. file system kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/sample/ 45765 40000 5765 50% / /dev/filesys/ 30000 20000 1000 80% /u .... .... Now i wanted to cut the /u... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a loop for multiple files in a folder to run awk command?

Dear folks I have two data set which there names are "final.map" and "1.geno" and look like this structures: final.map: gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2044 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2048 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2187 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 17654 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop awk command on files in a folder

Hi, I'd like to loop an action over all files with given extension within a folder. The "main" action is: awk -F "\t" 'BEGIN{OFS="\t"}{if ($10=="S") print$0; }' input.txt > output.txt The input.txt should be every file in the folder with *.subVCF extension; and the output should be a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovah
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to rename files in bash loop

I am trying to use sed to rename all .txt files in /home/cmccabe/test. However, I am getting an error that I seems to be putting the files in a new directory s, instead of in the original. Thank you :). bash # rename classified cd /home/cmccabe/test pattern2_old="_classify"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

For loop to accept params and delete folder/files

Hi Folks - I'm trying to build a simple for loop to accept params and then delete the folder & files on the path older than 6 days. Here is what I have: Purge () { for _DIR in "$1" do find "${_DIR}"/* -mtime +0 -exec rm {} \; done } I would be passing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
4 Replies
LOG1P(3)								 1								  LOG1P(3)

log1p - Returns log(1 + number), computed in a way that is accurate even when the value of number is close to zero

SYNOPSIS
float log1p (float $number) DESCRIPTION
log1p(3) returns log(1 + $number) computed in a way that is accurate even when the value of $number is close to zero. log(3) might only return log(1) in this case due to lack of precision. PARAMETERS
o $number - The argument to process RETURN VALUES
log(1 + $number) CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on all platforms | | | | +--------+--------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
expm1(3), log(3), log10(3). PHP Documentation Group LOG1P(3)