Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Need good parental software for Mac Post 302575366 by doctorfoo1 on Monday 21st of November 2011 11:43:47 AM
Old 11-21-2011
Ill give you my favorite ,

use IPFW , squid and squidguard combo with Shalla Secure Services KG

basically divert any request against "yourblacklist" allow deny.
you can also create REGex patterns for custom expressions.
can man mangle a hostfile in /etc to add confusion.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

good continuous integration and automatic documentation software for c++

Started using trac and svn and it is working nicely, but am looking for some other things to add: continuous integration, automatic documentation. What suggestions do you guys have for the most full featured easy to use software for this? Stuff I am looking for: continuous integration... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eruditass
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Good acl for remote depot software

This is the situation On hpux2.domain.com i have set a depot source,copying various depots on /var/spool/sw I can install from hpux2,but i want to do a remote access to other hosts,i have tried this swacl -l global_product_template -M host:hpux3.domain.com:crw-t swacl -l depot -M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Software to work and convert to pdf with good frontend

Hello, I use pdftk for join pdf and split pages and more option! But this is through terminal! I need the software with frontend and, especially, with option on button right mouse hover icon document whit option "convert direct to pdf". This software, or frontend exist? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enodev
0 Replies
sa1(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    sa1(8)

NAME
sa1 -- Generate a system activity daily data file. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sa1 [t n] DESCRIPTION
The sa1 command is a shell script used to invoke the system activity data collector, sadc. The binary sample data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to the standard daily data file, /var/log/sa/sadd where the dd repre- sents the current day of the month. sa1 is intended to be started by cron. EXAMPLE CRON ENTRY
# Starting at 8am collect system activity records # every 20 minutes for 12 hours # 20 minutes = 1200 seconds # 12 hours with 3 samples each hour = 36 loops 0 8 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1200 36 # After the 12 hour period, # collect a system activity report 30 20 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), fs_usage(1), netstat(1), sar(1), sc_usage(1), top(1), vm_stat(1), crontab(5), iostat(8), sa2(8), sadc(8) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X