Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying time left to end of day, week, month? Post 302575328 by TehOne on Monday 21st of November 2011 10:22:53 AM
Old 11-21-2011
Thank you m.d.ludwig but I'd need this to be within my bash/sh script, not perl.. Forgot to mention that in the first post, sorry!!!!!

Edit:

Or well preferable in bash but would nobody else step up with an alternative then I can always use your solution too! So again, thanks a lot!

Last edited by TehOne; 11-21-2011 at 11:31 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up cron job for month end week report

Hi all, Needs your help in scheduling a cron job for the below mentioned requirement. Just let me know if anybody has a similar job running as mentioned below: Month end reports - Report of all items created in a parent table that were created during the week. Presently this report runs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code creates day 32 instead of 1st day of next month.

I am using the code below modified from a post I saw here regarding having the script write out future dates. The problem is that instead of making 8/1 it makes 7/32! Please help! yy=`date +%Y` mm=`date +%m` dd=`date +%d` echo "Today is : $yy $mm $dd" #!/usr/bin/ksh date '+%m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Day of the week or Month in a foreign language

Hey guys, i'm a very new shell script user. I've been looking everywhere for a proper script to display the day of the week or the month, accurately, in a foreign language of my choosing. Something where i can just type in the appropriate word in a foreign language in the script and get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibizagreg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add day of week at the end of each line that shows the date?

I have a file that looks like: file1: www_blank_com 20121008153552 www_blank_com 20121008162542 www_blank_com 20121009040540 www_blank_com 20121009041542 www_blank_com 20121010113548 www_blank_com 20121011113551 www_blank_com 20121012113542 I want the new file to show the day of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian day to dates in YEAR-MONTH-DAY

hello, I have many files called day001, day002, day003 and I want to rename them by day20070101, day20070102, etc. I need to do it for several years and leap years as well. What is the best way to do it ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ggg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get day of week from epoch time

Need assistance . Below code gives me the date but I wanted output as day of the week (wday) . Code: use Time::Local; my $time=timelocal(1,2,3,9,11,2013); $theTime = localtime($time); print "$theTime\n"; Result: Mon Dec 9 03:02:01 2013 Wanted output as only Mon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies
Time::CTime(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Time::CTime(3)

NAME
Time::CTime -- format times ala POSIX asctime SYNOPSIS
use Time::CTime print ctime(time); print asctime(localtime(time)); print strftime(template, localtime(time)); strftime conversions %% PERCENT %a day of the week abbr %A day of the week %b month abbr %B month %c ctime format: Sat Nov 19 21:05:57 1994 %d DD %D MM/DD/YY %e numeric day of the month %f floating point seconds (milliseconds): .314 %F floating point seconds (microseconds): .314159 %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %m month number, starting with 1 %M minute, leading 0's %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %p AM or PM %r time format: 09:05:57 PM %R time format: 21:05 %S seconds, leading 0's %t TAB %T time format: 21:05:57 %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %X time format: 21:05:57 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits) %Z timezone in ascii. eg: PST DESCRIPTION
This module provides routines to format dates. They correspond to the libc routines. &strftime() supports a pretty good set of coversions -- more than most C libraries. strftime supports a pretty good set of conversions. The POSIX module has very similar functionality. You should consider using it instead if you do not have allergic reactions to system libraries. GENESIS
Written by David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.com>. The starting point for this package was a posting by Paul Foley <paul@ascent.com> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-1999 David Muir Sharnoff. License hereby granted for anyone to use, modify or redistribute this module at their own risk. Please feed useful changes back to muir@idiom.com. perl v5.12.1 2004-02-08 Time::CTime(3)