Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to connect to Pseries without video/display port Post 302575167 by gito on Sunday 20th of November 2011 08:21:15 PM
Old 11-20-2011
Now you have 2 possibilities
1. Serial
2. HMC

If you will find proper USB->Serial cable you will be able to go to SMS menu and start some installation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

No video display

I have two Ultra 80s that I'm working with, on one of them I was able to get video and build the system, but on the other ultra 80, the monitor switches on but doesn't display any video. Any suggestions as to how I could go about troubleshooting this? Thanks in advance, Justin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroglass
0 Replies

2. Solaris

video display

i needed to build a quick and dirty solaris 10 box for some dev work. basically a web server. anyway, i grab some deal off tigerdirect and have a x86 install. however, i'm running into problems with the video display. currently have a SAPPHIRE 100122L Radeon X700 256MB 64-bit DDR PCI Express x16... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to connect to com port

Hi is there any way to connect through com port to using shell script. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yhacks
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

open ssh port (22) to connect to other box

Hi Do I have to open my ssh port if I like to connect to another machine? - if yes, how? Or is that only if I want to access my one computer from the outside? I run Mac OS 10.4 and like to access a unix box on the other side. /andreas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lulle
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to connect PC's USB port to pSeries system?

Hello AIX Group Members, I have two systems: (1) IBM pSeries 640, 7026-B80. (2) A 5-month old HP laptop with Windows Vista. It has no serial port and only has USB ports on it. My question are: How can I use the laptop as the p640's terminal? How can I make the connection? What type of cable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

subversion died after connect port 3699

Hi, I am trying to setup subversion on hpux 11.11, the svnserve process can be started and the repos have been created, but every we connect to the svn via port 3699 the svnserver will died. how can i troubleshoot this issue? there is not error from the syslog file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
0 Replies

7. Solaris

how to connect to rlogind port 513 using ssh

Hi Gud day, Im facing this problem on how to connect to solaris 8 service rlogind listening to port 513 using ssh. I had no luck in establishing a connection using ssh in the rlogind. is there a way that i something missed or dont know know on how to accomplished my objective. or theres no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. AIX

Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries

Hello, Just got a refurbished Pseries when I boot the machine , everything is okay, that is no attention light and panel shows 01 B N but there is nothing on the display ( monitor / console ) which is plugged into the video card port of pseries. The display is empty.... The keyboard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

9. AIX

Connect GPS to serial port AIX 5.x

HI, Does anyone installed a GPS from his Serial port to an IBM Server serial port with AIX 5.X I would like the rs232 configuration you used on the GPS, and the ttys configuration from your server. Thanks in advance !!! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
8 Replies
UPLCOM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UPLCOM(4)

NAME
uplcom -- USB support for Prolific PL-2303/2303X/2303HX serial adapters driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uplcom device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uplcom_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uplcom driver provides support for various serial adapters based on the Prolific PL-2303, PL-2303X and PL-2303HX USB-to-RS232 Bridge chips. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
The uplcom driver supports the following adapters: o ATEN UC-232A o BAFO BF-800 o BAFO BF-810 o Belkin F5U257 o ELECOM UC-SGT o HAL Corporation Crossam2+USB IR commander o Hama USB RS-232 Serial Adapter o Hamlet exagerate XURS232 o IOGEAR UC-232A o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ2 o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ3 o Mobile Action MA-620 Infrared Adapter o PLANEX USB-RS232 URS-03 o RATOC REX-USB60 o Radio Shack USB Serial Cable o Sandberg USB to Serial Link (model number 133-08) o SOURCENEXT KeikaiDenwa 8 (with and without charger) o Sony Ericsson USB Cable (Susteen USB Data Cable) o Willcom W-SIM DD PHS terminal.(WS002IN) SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uplcom driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD