Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help to compare 2 files inside a loop Post 302575120 by agama on Sunday 20th of November 2011 03:29:16 PM
Old 11-20-2011
This might help get you started:

Code:
while read -p "enter colour: "  colour 
do 
    echo $colour; 
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop, calling and editing multiple files inside

hey guys, I'm trying to call and modify multiple files inside the for loop, i can't get it to work... ------------------------ AFILE=/dir/a_file.txt BFILE=/dir/b_file.txt CFILE=/dir/c_file.txt ADESTFILE=/dir/a_dest_file.txt BDESTFILE=/dir/b_dest_file.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH loop inside a loop question

Hi all Sorry for the basic question, but i am writing a shell script to get around a slightly flaky binary that ships with one of our servers. This particular utility randomly generates the correct information and could work first time or may work on the 12th or 100th attempt etc !.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare date and time inside data of two files

i have two files with identical no of columns. 6th columns is date (MM/DD/YY format) and 7th columns is time (HH:MM:SS) format. I need to compare these two vaules and if the date & time is higher than fileA, save it on fileC; if the value is lower, then save it on fileD CONDITIONS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Endless while loop when compare files

Hi All, I've written a script to read 2 files and compare the contents using while loop but somehow when $line is not found in test2, the script will continue looping. Below is my code, pls advise what could went wrong TIA Nick for line in test1.txt | while read line do grep -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1971
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renumber position 88-94 inside all files matching criteria inside folder

There are 4 files inside one folder matching criteria i.e. File name = ABCJmdmfbsjopXXXXXXX_mm-dd-yyyy_XXX.data Here is the Code which find the files matching criteria:- TS=`date +"%m-%d-%Y"`| for fname in `find . -name "ABCJmdmfbsjop???????_${TS}*.data"` do # Matching File Processing Code.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop inside awk to read and print contents of files

Hello, I have a set of files Xfile0001 - Xfile0021, and the content of this files (one at a time) needs to be printed between some line (lines start with word "Generated") that I am extracting from another file called file7.txt and all the output goes into output.txt. First I tried creating a for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoiding some files inside a loop

In my script I need to loop around some files like below example files are fa.info.abcd fa.info.bxde fa.info.cdas ------ for test_data in fa.info.* do # Some text appending logic applied # Copy to another directory done Now I need to discard some files while looping around ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with copying files into dir inside for loop

Hi , I'm trying to move/copy the files inside the loop into a directory . I tried the below code and the issue is the data is not copying into the created directory but the files are copying into another file file_path="/home/etc" Last_Day=20130930 mkdir $file_path/ARC_${Last_Day} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write a while loop inside for loop?

I'm taking a unix class and need to countdown to 0 from whatever number the user inputs. I know how to do this with a while or until loop but using the for loop is throwing me off.... I know I can use an if-then statement in my for loop but can I include a while loop in my for loop? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxhieixx
3 Replies
libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)				      libcaca				      libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)

NAME
libcaca attribute definitions - Enumerations enum caca_color { CACA_BLACK = 0x00, CACA_BLUE = 0x01, CACA_GREEN = 0x02, CACA_CYAN = 0x03, CACA_RED = 0x04, CACA_MAGENTA = 0x05, CACA_BROWN = 0x06, CACA_LIGHTGRAY = 0x07, CACA_DARKGRAY = 0x08, CACA_LIGHTBLUE = 0x09, CACA_LIGHTGREEN = 0x0a, CACA_LIGHTCYAN = 0x0b, CACA_LIGHTRED = 0x0c, CACA_LIGHTMAGENTA = 0x0d, CACA_YELLOW = 0x0e, CACA_WHITE = 0x0f, CACA_DEFAULT = 0x10, CACA_TRANSPARENT = 0x20 } enum caca_style { CACA_BOLD = 0x01, CACA_ITALICS = 0x02, CACA_UNDERLINE = 0x04, CACA_BLINK = 0x08 } Detailed Description Colours and styles that can be used with caca_set_attr(). Enumeration Type Documentation enum caca_color libcaca colour keyword Enumerator: CACA_BLACK The colour index for black. CACA_BLUE The colour index for blue. CACA_GREEN The colour index for green. CACA_CYAN The colour index for cyan. CACA_RED The colour index for red. CACA_MAGENTA The colour index for magenta. CACA_BROWN The colour index for brown. CACA_LIGHTGRAY The colour index for light gray. CACA_DARKGRAY The colour index for dark gray. CACA_LIGHTBLUE The colour index for blue. CACA_LIGHTGREEN The colour index for light green. CACA_LIGHTCYAN The colour index for light cyan. CACA_LIGHTRED The colour index for light red. CACA_LIGHTMAGENTA The colour index for light magenta. CACA_YELLOW The colour index for yellow. CACA_WHITE The colour index for white. CACA_DEFAULT The output driver's default colour. CACA_TRANSPARENT The transparent colour. enum caca_style libcaca style keyword Enumerator: CACA_BOLD The style mask for bold. CACA_ITALICS The style mask for italics. CACA_UNDERLINE The style mask for underline. CACA_BLINK The style mask for blink. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libcaca from the source code. Version 0.99.beta18 Fri Apr 6 2012 libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)