Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [beginner] dladm create-bridge Post 302575081 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 20th of November 2011 10:59:10 AM
Old 11-20-2011
what is the output of dladm show-dev on your server?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bridge on linux

Hello. I expirince some problems with bridging, i'm pretty new to that technology I've 2 nic's 1 - wireless rt2500 ra0 canyon cn511 card 2 - e100 intel, ifconfig ra0 up && iwconfig ra0 essid xxx channel x mode managed bring me wireless connection up then i do following: brctl addbr br0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hachik
1 Replies

2. Solaris

dladm use

Thanks to DukeNuke for the suggestion of dladm before. I was able to upgrade my machine to Solaris 10. I am checking out the sue of dladm, but I am a bit confused. In order to team 2 NIC ports together on my qud ethernet card do I just do this: dladm create aggr -d ce0 -d ce1 key Do I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

SNMP in a Bridge device

Hello all, recently we've created a Bridge on a machine that was being used as an snmp, and we haven't assigned an IP for the bridge interface, instead we've used one extra NIC to make all the administrations, but SNMP is simply not working, any one have a clue on how to do this? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
0 Replies

4. Solaris

remove interface from dladm

Greetings how can i remove an interface from dladm? i want to remove ce3 and ce4 which are not even plumbed but still shown in dladm output :( dladm show-dev ce0 link: unknown speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full ce1 link: unknown speed: 1000 Mbps duplex:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
3 Replies

5. Solaris

ifconfig -a vs dladm show-dev and IP ?

Can anyone please explain what does these means ? # dladm show-dev nxge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full nxge1 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full e1000g0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full e1000g1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Wireless Bridge/Repeater ?

I have a laptop running Ubuntu Netbook Remix. What I want to do is use it to connect to my routers wifi, and then plug my desktop into the laptops ethernet port and be hooked to my routers network without any NAT or ICS. Desktop>>>>>>Laptop/Wired>>Laptop/Wireless>>>>>Router I want it to look... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schwasskin
6 Replies

7. IP Networking

Create a Bridge for Qemu using only loopback

hello networking folks, i have 3 virtual machines that need to talk to each other How can i create a bridge to loopback ? -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap1 where tap1 is connected to lo:1 , tap2 is connected to lo:2 etc thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwiceDone
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Hostroute => Bridge and IP-Forwardings

Hello unix community, Could anyone tell me what is the macosx command for: 1) ip hostroute to bridge: ip route add 188.40.1.40/32 dev br0 (linux command) /32 ist for netmask? Because I use /29. 2) and IP-Forwarding: net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 (linux command) I hope anyone could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girlusingunyx
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.4.2.3.0 - dladm link names mapping

Hi all, I have never wondered where is the mapping of the link names to physical device path display under dladm show-phys until today. fmadm list reported nic port failure and i am trying to mapped it to the correct linkname in dladm show-link / dladm show-phys to see if the link is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies
ixgbe(7D)							      Devices								 ixgbe(7D)

NAME
ixgbe - Intel 10Gb PCI Express NIC Driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/ixgbe* DESCRIPTION
The ixgbe Gigabit Ethernet driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, GLD-based STREAMS driver supporting the Data Link Provider Interface, dlpi(7P), on Intel 82598 10-Gigabit Ethernet controllers. The ixgbe driver functions include controller initialization, frame transmit and receive, promiscuous and multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. The ixgbe driver and hardware support auto-negotiation, a protocol specified by the IEEE 802.3ae specification. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning character-special device, /dev/ixgbe, is used to access all Intel 82598 10 -Gigabit Ethernet devices installed within the system. The ixgbe driver is managed by the dladm(1M) command line utility, which allows VLANs to be defined on top of ixgbe instances and for ixgbe instances to be aggregated. See dladm(1M) for more details. You must send an explicit DL_ATTACH_REQ message to associate the opened stream with a particular device (PPA). The PPA ID is interpreted as an unsigned integer data type and indicates the corresponding device instance (unit) number. The driver returns an error (DL_ERROR_ACK) if the PPA field value does not correspond to a valid device instance number for the system. The device is initialized on first attach and de- initialized (stopped) at last detach. The values returned by the driver in the DL_INFO_ACK primitive in response to your DL_INFO_REQ are: o Maximum SDU is 16366. o Minimum SDU is 0. o DLSAP address length is 8. o MAC type is DL_ETHER. o SAP (Service Access Point) length value is -2, meaning the physical address component is followed immediately by a 2-byte SAP component within the DLSAP address. o Broadcast address value is the Ethernet/IEEE broadcast address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF). Once in the DL_ATTACHED state, you must send a DL_BIND_REQ to associate a particular SAP with the stream. CONFIGURATION
By default, the ixgbe driver performs auto-negotiation to select the link speed and mode. Link speed and mode can only be 10000 Mbps full- duplex. See the IEEE802.3 standard for more information. FILES
/dev/ixgbe* Special character device. /kernel/drv/ixgbe 32-bit device driver (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/ixgbe 64-bit device driver (x86). /kernel/drv/sparcv9/ixgbe 64-bit device driver (SPARC). /kernel/drv/ixgbe.conf Configuration file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNWixgbe | |Architecture SPARC, x86 | |Interface Stability Committed | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), netstat(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), streamio(7I), dlpi(7P) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide IEEE 802.3ae Specificiation, IEEE - 2002 SunOS 5.11 20 Mar 2008 ixgbe(7D)