Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in duplicated chars in password Post 302574965 by Suicide_king on Saturday 19th of November 2011 07:28:19 AM
Old 11-19-2011
Help in duplicated chars in password

i have code to generate passwords but the issue is the duplicated chars
so can any one help and give me function to check and verify if there is any duplicated chars as also the script uses capitals and small letters and numbers only
many thx guys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can root ID be duplicated

Hi, I have the root id and the uid is always 0 for the root. Can i create another user say admin with the uid as 0? If so will it have the same privilege as that of user. Will there be any effect while doing this? lorcan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorcan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated columns

hi all, i have a file contain multicolumns, this file is sorted by col2 and col3. i want to remove the duplicated columns if the col2 and col3 are the same in another line. example fileA AA BB CC DD CC XX CC DD BB CC ZZ FF DD FF HH HH the output is AA BB CC DD BB CC ZZ FF... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicated content

Input file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4486 hcms-US25 hsa-360-5 hcms-US25 hsa-4 hcms-US25 hsa-458 hcms-US25 hsa-44812 . . Desired Output file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hsa-4486... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicated UID

Hi folks! I need you help to discover what's the impact of a duplicated UID in an operating system. What's the meaning when someone put in different users the same UID? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcostabh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing duplicated lines??

Hi Guys.. I have a problem for some reason my database has copied everything 4 times. My Database looks like this: >BAC233456 rhjieaheiohjteo tjtjrj6jkk6k6 j54ju54jh54jh >ANI124365 afrhtjykulilil htrjykuk rtkjryky ukrykyrk >BAC233456 rhjieaheiohjteo tjtjrj6jkk6k6 j54ju54jh54jh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicated lines?

Hi, if i have a file like this: Query=1 a a b c c c d Query=2 b b b c c e . . . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
devmap_dup(9E)							Driver Entry Points						    devmap_dup(9E)

NAME
devmap_dup - device mapping duplication entry point SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h int prefixdevmap_dup(devmap_cookie_t dhp, void *pvtp, devmap_cookie_t new_dhp, void **new_pvtp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). ARGUMENTS
dhp An opaque mapping handle that the system uses to describe the mapping currently being duplicated. pvtp Driver private mapping data for the mapping currently being duplicated. new_dhp An opaque data structure that the system uses to describe the duplicated device mapping. new_pvtp A pointer to be filled in by device drivers with the driver private mapping data for the duplicated device mapping. DESCRIPTION
The system calls devmap_dup() when a device mapping is duplicated, such as during the execution of the fork(2) system call. The system expects devmap_dup() to generate new driver private data for the new mapping, and to set new_pvtp to point to it. new_dhp is the handle of the new mapped object. A non-zero return value from devmap_dup() will cause a corresponding operation such as fork() to fail. RETURN VALUES
devmap_dup() returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. Non-zero An error occurred. EXAMPLES
static int xxdevmap_dup(devmap_cookie_t dhp, void *pvtp, devmap_cookie_t new_dhp, void **new_pvtp) { struct xxpvtdata *prvtdata; struct xxpvtdata *p = (struct xxpvtdata *)pvtp; struct xx_softc *softc = p->softc; mutex_enter(&softc->mutex); /* Allocate a new private data structure */ prvtdata = kmem_alloc(sizeof (struct xxpvtdata), KM_SLEEP); /* Return the new data */ prvtdata->off = p->off; prvtdata->len = p->len; prvtdata->ctx = p->ctx; prvtdata->dhp = new_dhp; prvtdata->softc = p->softc; *new_pvtp = prvtdata; mutex_exit(&softc->mutex); return(0); } SEE ALSO
fork(2), devmap_callback_ctl(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 21 Jan 1997 devmap_dup(9E)