Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install? Post 302574839 by CarloM on Friday 18th of November 2011 12:22:04 PM
Old 11-18-2011
Some quick Googling found this, might be of use.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

util-linux upgrade with interruption?

Hi All, I have util-linux upgrade that I need to do on redhat 4 ent. Does this going to interruption with the operation of the OS or application? Or this will be straight forward upgrade that will not make a harm or downtime of the OS. Thank you for any comments you may add. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Install Solaris pkg via web

here's a link shows how to install pkgs directly via http sat.lksf_sat_pkgweb.tex - Less known Solaris Features - wikis.sun.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

3. Linux

How to install *.pkg.tar.tar on Linux?

Hi Guys, I need some suggestion as how to install openssl-1.0.1.g-1-i686.pkg.tar.tar openssl-1.0.1.g-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.tar on Linux system? is for 32bit system and other is for 64 bit system linux machine. How to untar them? I tried few commands but did not work. I need to upgrade to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Install some Linux program on Solaris

Hi I have a problem with install some Linux program on Solaris. I use Ubuntu on everyday. At my university My professor wants from me to install some program from Linux on Solaris. I try with many files, but all not run. I can't deal with it. Do you know how install .deb files on Solaris? Hmm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tsuisou
3 Replies

5. Solaris

PKG install from Solaris 11.2 text installer DVD

Sorry if this has been already answered. The solaris 11 IPS is frustrating me. I want to install a package group from the 11.2 ( in this case) Text Installer DVD. 1) is this possible? 2) if yes, how do I set the publisher to point the dvd mount point /media/Oracle_Solaris-11_2-Text-Sparc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to install pkg lsof in Solaris 11?

hi downloaded the pkg and installed the pkg from root user .But still when i run command lsof and man lsof .No command found is the error. I tried by pkgadd -d (.pkg file). Please help me ---------- Post updated at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:41 PM ---------- This is what i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaithanyaa
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it safe to install x86 Solaris 10 U6 after installed-Linux-and-FreeBSD?

I've installed Slack 14.2 on /dev/sda1 (/dev/sda2 is swap) and FreeBSD 12 on /dev/sda3 and lilo is the boot manager. FreeBSD slices are as follows; / on /dev/ada0S3a, swap on /dev/ada0s3e, /var on /dev/ada0s3b, /tmp on /dev/ada0s3d and /usr on /dev/ada0s3f. I hesitate to install Solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
2 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)