Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCP Failing - In Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SCP Failing - In Script Post 302574695 by felipe.vinturin on Friday 18th of November 2011 05:14:31 AM
Old 11-18-2011
Try this and see what it returns:
Code:
REMOTEDIR="/var/CC/Stuff"
while read fname
do
	remoteFile="${REMOTEDIR}/${fname}"

echo "remoteFile: [${remoteFile}]"

echo "ls -l ${remoteFile}" | ssh -C -T -l <user> <host>
	scp -vvv <user>@<host>:${remoteFile} ./
done < AWKOUTPUT

Also, you should check this link: Useless Use of Cat Award

I hope it helps!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX script failing ....

Hi folks, I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server . In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition failing in a SSH script

Hi, I'm ssh-in to a remote machine (ubuntu) and trying to execute a little script in there.The script looks like this: ssh user@ubuntu <<EOF cd ~/test ls -l echo "Continue counting files starting with a`s ?" read answer if then ls -l a* else exit fi EOF Now everything works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubionis
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

failing a unix script

i am basically DWH professional. I want to write a script such that whenver the file size is greather than 0 the script fails plz help me in this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Serializing script Failing for more commands

I have a reqirement to serialise various rsh scripts that hit my server from an external scheduler. No matter how many scripts come via rsh, only one should execute at a time and others should wait. I have made the scheduler make a request to my shell script with the command to be run as a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamatam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

6. Solaris

oracle cron script failing.

I have this oracle script which my dba is trying to run as a cron job that fails. attached is the script. It seems to run when executed by itself but just not when scheduled. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running for one iteration and failing the second one

Hi, I am using Tclexpect to automation testing on switches and using regexp and the buffer outputs the program is running well for one iteration and failing the second one... can anyone please guide me what is the mistake i am making? Thanks Here is the small version of the program, while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roh_20022002
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running in parallel failing!

Hi, I have a single script that was running fine in parallel on Linux 2.6.9-89 now it has been upgraded to Linux 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5 and the script has started to fail unpredictably. Is this an upgrade issue? As the script runs fine for some parallel threads while fails for others. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panna
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script test failing

Testing some old script developed by different user. #!/usr/bin/sh case "$0" in */*) cmd="$0";; *) cmd=`which "$0"`;; esac dir=`dirname "$cmd"` node="$dir/." echo $node below two simple tests are failing, I am not seeing any Control+M characters in the script file and I am not able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab script failing

Hello, A crontab script is failiing everyday but when we execute manually it runs fine Below is the script scheduled: 00 23 * * * sh /db2backup/scripts/db2_hot_backup.ksh TRAVFF > /dev/null 2>&1 Error: cat TRAVFF_online_04022014_2300.log Started : Wed Apr 2 23:00:00 EDT 2014... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies
SVNPATH(1)                                                                                                                              SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)