Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .csv to Google Earth .kml
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users .csv to Google Earth .kml Post 302574595 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 17th of November 2011 04:50:07 PM
Old 11-17-2011
kml requires more "data" than just those three items, it has
placemark types - simple, extruded, floating
LookAt objects, and a lot of other stuff.

Download CSV to KML Converter 1.7 Free - Simple application for conversion of CSV files to KML format - Softpedia

(It's free & Windows)

That does conversions, but you may not get what you expect when you run it. Especially with the sparse dataset you have.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

earth in daylight

is there a command that displays a picture of the earth that is currently in daylight? thanks, bianca (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonbia
2 Replies

2. Web Development

Helpful Tip: Forcing Google to www.google.com

Helpful Tip! Sometimes when we are in another country, Google redirects our request for www.google.com to: www.google.co.in or to: www.google.co.th If you want to force Google to go to the US site, use: www.google.com/webhp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Google Earth in Solaris

Hi Gurus of Unix, is posible to Install Google Earth in Solaris I download this packets : GoogleEarthLinux.bin I Change the permission chwmod +x GoogleEarthLinux.bin after that I do ./GoogleEarthLinux.bin andres@opensolaris:~/Downloads# sudo ./GoogleEarthLinux.bin Verifying archive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a .kml file (xml) to remove unwanted entries

Ok, i have a .kml file that that i want to trim down and get rid of the rubbish from. its formatted like so: <Placemark> <name><!]></name> <description><!</b><br/>Frequency: <b>2437</b><br/>Timestamp: <b>1304892397000</b><br/>Date: <b>2011-05-08... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phear46
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a .kml file (xml) with data set from text file

I have a .kml file. So I want filter the .kml to get only the tags that have this numeric codes that they are in a text file 11951 11952 74014 11964 11965 11969 11970 11971 11972 60149 74018 74023 86378 11976 11980 11983 11984 11987 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcoj33
5 Replies
BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-csvinfo.cgi - CGI program to show host information from a CSV file SYNOPSIS
bb-csvinfo.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-csvinfo.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-csvinfo.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it searches a comma- separated file for the matching host, and presents the information found as a table. bb-csvinfo.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: key (string to search for, typically hostname) column (columnnumber to search - default 0) db (name of the CSV database file in $BBHOME/etc/, default hostinfo.csv) delimiter (delimiter character for columns, default semi-colon) CSV files are easily created from e.g. spreadsheets, by exporting them in CSV format. You should have one host per line, with the first line containing the column headings. Despite their name, the default delimiter for CSV files is the semi-colon - if you need a different delimiter, invoke bb-csvinfo.cgi with the "delimiter=<character>" in the query string. Example usage This example shows how you can use the bb-csvinfo CGI. It assumes you have a CSV-formatted file with information about the hosts stored as $BBHOME/etc/hostinfo.csv, and the hostname is in the first column of the file. Use with the bbgen --docurl The --docurl option to bbgen(1) sets up all of the hostnames on your Xymon webpages to act as links to a CGI script. To invoke the bb-csvinfo CGI script, run bbgen with the option --docurl=/cgi-bin/bb-csvinfo.sh?db=hostinfo.csv&key=%s SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), bbgen(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)