Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: print all nonempty pipe
Top Forums Programming print all nonempty pipe Post 302574564 by nimesh on Thursday 17th of November 2011 02:26:40 PM
Old 11-17-2011
print all nonempty pipe

I am trying to write a shell script for Linux to print the names of all non empty pipes in the current directory?

any help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove a nonempty directory

How can I remove a non empty directory. ' rmdir directory_name ' complains that the directory is not empty. The same problem happens with ' rmdir directory_name/* ' Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete nonempty directory?

How to delete nonempty directory? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xli3
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of nonempty columns in row

Hi, Suppose i have a inputfile in csv format. How to use awk to count 'the number of nonempty columns in each row' minus one, and add the value as a new column in the end For cosmetic reason, it's even better to include a descriptive label for the last column in the first row. for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to replace empty fields with the latest nonempty field

Hi suppose I have a csv file like this count,1977,1978,1979 usa, , , blue japan, red, yellow,green india, , yellow,blue china, blue, yellow, green I want the output to be(replace everything, including empty data, with the most recent data): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep pipe filename print issue

uname -a SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_141414-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T2000 uname -a SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_144488-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 find . -name "*.cer" -exec keytool -v -list -printcert -file {} \; | grep -i "Aug 03" Valid from: Mon Jan 29 00:00:00 GMT... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pipe separated list as line by line in Korn Shell

Korn Shell in AIX 6.1 I want to print the below shown pipe (|) separated list line by line. line=es349889|nhb882309|ts00293|snh03524|bg578835|bg37900|rnh00297|py882201|sg175883 for i in line do echo "Hello $line " done I wanted to execute the above for loop. But i can't even set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print pipe

Hey fellas, I wrote an script which its output is like this: a 1 T a 1 T a 2 A b 5 G b 5 G b 5 G I wanna print $1 $2 and the total number of $2 value as the third column and after that $3. Sth like this: a 1 2 T a 2 1 A b 5 3 G I know how to do it with a given input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The pipe not use "tee" to print on the screen for specific function

I have code fragment like { aa bb cc } > $LOG aa bb cc, all call function "ff", I want "ff" to print on the screen,but others do not print on the scree, is there a method? I can't use "tee", becasue tee I meet the write "error" ff() { echo "hello" } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use less pipe for grep or awk sed to print the line not include xx yy zz

cat file |grep -v "xx" | grep -v "yy" |grep -v "zz" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Print Date when Broken Pipe happens

Hi all, as i have multiple broken pipes on ssh sessions, i need to find out after how much time it happens, ssh root@testServer root@testServer's password: ssh:notty Last login: Thu Apr 6 06:41:16 2017 from 10.10.10.2 # but when broke pipe happen i don't have any idea after how much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies
SCRIPT(1)							   User Commands							 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script - make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything displayed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves the dialogue in this file. If no filename is given, the dialogue is saved in the file type- script. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append the output to file or to typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can supervise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet (do not write start and done messages to standard output). -t[file], --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D for the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. It is not recommended to run script in non-interactive shells. The inner shell of script is always interactive, and this could lead to unexpected results. If you use script in the shell initialization file, you have to avoid entering an infinite loop. You can use for example the .profile file, which is read by login shells only: if test -t 0 ; then script exit fi You should also avoid use of script in command pipes, as script can read more input than you would expect. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1) HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. script is primarily designed for interactive terminal sessions. When stdin is not a terminal (for example: echo foo | script), then the session can hang, because the interactive shell within the script session misses EOF and script has no clue when to close the session. See the NOTES section for more information. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux June 2014 SCRIPT(1)