Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux [Solved] Setup Nmon on Suse Enterprise 11 Post 302574357 by pludi on Thursday 17th of November 2011 06:45:56 AM
Old 11-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedkandi
Ok, so my previous query has had more views than response (yeah, thanks alot for that)
Of course. Most people will read your question, but not everyone might be able to help you with that. No need to get snarky about that, especially in a forum run by volunteers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedkandi
I am trying to figure out how to run nmon on suse linux but the script I had googled only works on AIX.
Why? Does the script require special tools only found on AIX? Any hard evidence that it's only runable on AIX, and no amount of adapting would make it run on Linux? Have you tried adapting it?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Setup Problem with SUSE Linux

I setup SUSE Linux 10. I downloaded from SUSE website. A DVD version. But I have a problem: Please click to see the screen shots Shot 1: (Problem is here, with Software) http://www.vernoos.net/shot-1.jpg Shot 2: http://www.vernoos.net/shot-2.jpg Shot 3:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HASSELBLAD
1 Replies

2. SuSE

LKCD for suse linux enterprise server 8

Hi, I have installed LKCD using lkcdutils pakage through Yast install and remove applications. I have used enterprise server cd for installation. But I did not found any service of lkcd like /etc/init.d/boo.lkcd there. if we dont have this servers lkcd dump can not be saved at dump... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Suse Linux enterprise 10 - booting problem

Hi, It was happened to close my laptop without proper shutdown due to power failure with USB device connected to it. (removed the USB after shut down) After this incident, I was not able to boot my suse linux OS. Initial study reveals that the device is not unmounted properly and shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu V
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS5.10 and SuSe Linux Enterprise

OK, I've been thrown into an issue at my company where the security folks want password aging turned on for their limited NIS environment. The config is a SunOS5.10 (Solaris 10) Master with several slaves and several SuSe Enterprise Server 11 Clients. What I'm looking to understand is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rzrv15
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

SUSE Linux Enterprise 12

Is there any SUSE enterprise 12 x86_32 version available? I have SUSE enterprise 12 x86_64 and I am unable to compile 32 programs in that. It looks to be that gcc compiler (32 bit) does not come with SUSE 12. How can I get that? Regards, George (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: George47
6 Replies

6. SuSE

Suse enterprise server installation help

hello All, good day to you. could you tell me is there any way I can download SUSE lunux enterprise server trail version ? I want to install sap application over it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
1 Replies
NMON(1) 							   User Commands							   NMON(1)

NAME
nmon - systems administrator, tuner, benchmark tool. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nmon command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. nmon is is a systems administrator, tuner, benchmark tool. It can display the CPU, memory, network, disks (mini graphs or numbers), file systems, NFS, top processes, resources (Linux version & processors) and on Power micro-partition information. OPTIONS
nmon follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). nmon [-h] [-s <seconds>] [-c <count>] [-f -d <disks> -t -r <name>] [-x] A summary of options is included below. -h FULL help information Interactive-Mode: read startup banner and type: "h" once it is running For Data-Collect-Mode (-f) -f spreadsheet output format [note: default -s300 -c288] optional -s <seconds> between refreshing the screen [default 2] -c <number> of refreshes [default millions] -d <disks> to increase the number of disks [default 256] -t spreadsheet includes top processes -x capacity planning (15 min for 1 day = -fdt -s 900 -c 96) AUTHOR
nmon was written by Nigel Griffiths <nag@uk.ibm.com> This manual page was written by Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). nmon August 2009 NMON(1)