Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "-maxdepth 1" argument for Solaris find. Other way to restrict find in only one directory? Post 302574350 by slashdotweenie on Thursday 17th of November 2011 06:25:13 AM
Old 11-17-2011
"-maxdepth 1" argument for Solaris find. Other way to restrict find in only one directory?

Hi

I wish to find only files in dir /srv/container/content/imz06/. It means exclude subfolder /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/

Code:
> uname -a
SunOS testbox6 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320

Its Solaris default "find"

Code:
> find /srv/container/content/imz06/* -name "Output_Z_1_*" -type f -mtime +2 -exec mv {} /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/ \;
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1387868585.Output_Z_1 and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1387868585.Output_Z_1 are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_403754036.res and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_403754036.res are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1905205135.Output_Z_1 and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1905205135.Output_Z_1 are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext1692374936.Output_Z_1 and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext1692374936.Output_Z_1 are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext312589099.res and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext312589099.res are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext1189439122.Output_Z_1 and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext1189439122.Output_Z_1 are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1888958124.res and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1888958124.res are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1387868585.res and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1387868585.res are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_403754036.Output_Z_1 and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_403754036.Output_Z_1 are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1888958124.Output_Z_1 and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1888958124.Output_Z_1 are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext1189439122.res and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext1189439122.res are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext312589099.Output_Z_1 and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext312589099.Output_Z_1 are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext1692374936.res and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_ext1692374936.res are identical
mv: /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1905205135.res and /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/Output_Z_1_1905205135.res are identical

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to find content in between curly braces, "{" and "},"

problem String ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ icecream= { smart peopleLink "good" LC "happy" , smartpeopleLink "dull" LC "sad" } aend = {smart vc4 eatr kalu} output needed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ smart peopleLink "good" LC "happy" , smartpeopleLink "dull" LC "sad" smart vc4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keshav_rk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir"

Dear friends, please tell me how to find the files which are existing in the current directory, but it sholud not search in the sub directories.. it is like this, current directory contains file1, file2, file3, dir1, dir2 and dir1 conatins file4, file5 and dir2 contains file6,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error to "find" a matching array element in a directory

Hi, I have defined an array which holds a couple of elements which are nothing but files names. I want to find the files in a directory for the matching file name(array elements) with less than 1 day old. When I am trying to execute the code (as below), it gives an error. Your help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkbaral
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Find all "regular" files open for write on solaris?

How do I find all "regular" files on solaris(8) that are open for write ( +read as well). I tried using pfiles, and lsof commands, but not sure how to get exactly what I wanted. ps -e | awk '{ print $1 }' | xargs -i pfiles {} 2>/dev/null (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find error?? find / -name "something.txt" 2>/dev/null

why is this giving me errors? i type this in: find / -name "something.txt" 2>/dev/null i get the following error messages: find: bad option 2 find: path-list predicate-list :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magiling
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find/xargs/*grep: find multi-line empty "try-catch" blocks - eg, missing ; not in a commented block

How can I recursively find all files in a directory and print out the file and first line number of any text blocks that match the below cases? This would seem to involve find, xargs, *grep, regex, etc. In summary, I want to find so-called empty "try-catch blocks" that do not contain code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifechamp
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)