Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding date numeral from file and check the validity of date format Post 302574348 by manas_ranjan on Thursday 17th of November 2011 06:18:35 AM
Old 11-17-2011
you are star man.
Now can you assist me how to validate those o/p as correct date format.
My date can be in anyform from the below .

Code:
YYYYMMDD,DDMMYYYY,MMDDYYYY,MM-DD-YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the format of Date

Hi, I have a date field in my input file. I just want to check if its in the format "DD-MM-YYYY". Is there any command which can achieve this? Thanks and Regards, Abhishek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAA
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check input date format?

how to check input date format. for example $input_date must be in format dd.mm.gg script is execute like this: bin/script1.sh 14.12.2009 script1.sh code: #!/bin/sh input_date=$1 CMD="/app/si/test/test.sh $input_date" echo "*****" $CMD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files before a certain date with predefined format

Guys, I have an input file such as below I would like to know how i would be able to find items created before 2011-10-01 Appreciate any expert advice. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if date format is correct?

Hi! how do i know if the input is the same as the required date format? the date should be dd/mm/YYYY ex. 2/3/2012 or 15/11/2012 all the following conditions must return an error: *input of string *day is > 31 or < 1 *month is > 12 or < 1 *year is < 2013 suppose the date format is stored... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angilulu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date validity check

hi All, i have file in which it has 2000 records like, test.txt ==== 2011-03-01 2011-03-01 2011-03-01 2011-03-01 2011-03-01 2011-03-02 2011/03/02 previously i used for loop to find the date check like below, for i in `cat test.txt` do d=`echo $i | cut -c9-10| sed 's/^0*//'`;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mechvijays
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
csv2po(1)						      Translate Toolkit 1.9.0							 csv2po(1)

NAME
csv2po - convert Comma-Separated Value (.csv) files to Gettext PO localization files SYNOPSIS
csv2po [--version] [-h|--help] [--manpage] [--progress PROGRESS] [--errorlevel ERRORLEVEL] [-i|--input] INPUT [-x|--exclude EXCLUDE] [-o|--output] OUTPUT [-t|--template TEMPLATE] [--charset CHARSET] [--columnorder] [--duplicates DUPLICATESTYLE] DESCRIPTION
See: http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/csv2po for examples and usage instructions OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h/--help show this help message and exit --manpage output a manpage based on the help --progress show progress as: dots, none, bar, names, verbose --errorlevel show errorlevel as: none, message, exception, traceback -i/--input read from INPUT in csv format -x/--exclude exclude names matching EXCLUDE from input paths -o/--output write to OUTPUT in po, pot formats -t/--template read from TEMPLATE in pot, po, pot formats --charset set charset to decode from csv files --columnorder specify the order and position of columns (location,source,target) --duplicates what to do with duplicate strings (identical source text): merge, msgctxt (default: 'msgctxt') Translate Toolkit 1.9.0 csv2po(1)