Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filesets nim client
Operating Systems AIX filesets nim client Post 302574278 by polar on Thursday 17th of November 2011 03:47:59 AM
Old 11-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo-lp-kl
Hello everyone

I was looking for the filesets to install a nim client on a linux box. (red hat 5 for power)

I have the nim master on aix box and I have different nim client with aix.

I download some filesets fron aix cd to linux box, but Im still hang up.

Some one know where I can find the filesets to this linux box.

Thanks for your comments
hope this help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tsm client filesets for AIX 4.3.3

Hi, can somebody point to where i can get tsm client filesets to install tsm on AIX 4.3 node please? Thank You! karthik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

2. AIX

NIM client mksysb restore

Can a NIM client mksysb restore be performed via NIM (smitty nim) without the NIM client machine having the NIM server's IP and hostname in its /etc/hosts file? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
10 Replies

3. AIX

problem adding NIM client

Hello All, While trying to add NIM client to the NIM environment from NIM client machine, I get the following error: 1800-109 There are currently no additional SMIT screen entries available for this item. This may require installation of additional software before it can be accessed. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

4. AIX

backup NIM client

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about this procedure to backup a client to my nim master 1.-I got a cron that make a mksysb from x machine 2.-This mksysb I send by ftp to my nim master. 3.-When I got it in the nim master machine. I create a mksysb resource from this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. AIX

aix-configure nim client

:b:Hi... I need help to configure nim client on nim server.. can i define aix 5.3.4.0 on aix 5.3.7.0 nim server.. while i m configuring nim client on nim server its getting msg that images not same.. i need to confirm that both version should be same or not.. Thanks.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
5 Replies

7. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

8. AIX

Nim client with different subnet to Master

Iam attempting to add a client to NIM however the new client has a different subnet than master 10... & 193... , I've established from redbooks that it should be possible but can't find anything that states how? Does anyone use nim in this way? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
5 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies
mkfset(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 mkfset(8)

NAME
mkfset - Create a fileset in an existing AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/mkfset domain fileset OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of the fileset to be created in the specified file domain. DESCRIPTION
The mkfset command creates an AdvFS fileset within an existing file domain. You must create at least one fileset per file domain; however, you can create multiple filesets within a file domain. You can mount and unmount each fileset independently of the other filesets in the file domain. You can assign fileset quotas (block and file usage limits) to filesets. Use the following commands to manipulate filesets: Displays the filesets associated with a domain. Removes a fileset (and all of its files) from the file domain. Assigns a new name to an existing fileset. Changes fileset attributes; specifically fileset quotas. For more information, see the reference pages for each command. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this utility. Each fileset within a domain must have a unique name of up to 31 characters. All whitespace characters (tab, new line, space and so on) and the / # : * ? characters are invalid for fileset names. EXAMPLE
The following example creates two filesets, credit_fs and debit_fs, within an existing domain called accounts_dmn. # mkfset accounts_dmn credit_fs # mkfset accounts_dmn debit_fs To mount the newly created credit_fs fileset on the /mnt/credit directory, enter: # mount -t advfs accounts_dmn#credit_fs /mnt/credit You can add filesets to the /etc/fstab file in the same manner that you add any file system. Once added, filesets are mounted each time you reboot the system and fileset quotas are enabled. For example, to automatically mount the credit_fs fileset, add the following line to your fstab file: accounts_dmn#credit_fs /mnt/credit advfs rq, userquota, groupquota SEE ALSO
Commands: chfsets(8), mkfdmn(8), renamefset(8), rmfset(8), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8) File Formats: advfs(4) mkfset(8)