Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Forcing a tty session but getting a password prompt? Post 302574218 by agama on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 10:28:33 PM
Old 11-16-2011
Oops, I see that now! -- it's late and I guess Im more tired than I thought. Time to stop trying to focus on the screen. Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix login session and Password

Hi All, I've login to Unix using login name guest and I'm working on it, I need another session to run some script hence tried to login but password invalid it says here my question is : Since I'm in working in one session can I set the password without knowing old password? is there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna
1 Replies

2. Solaris

forcing password change every X days?

Hi, how do I go about forcing users to change their password every, say, 30 days? Aaron (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amheck
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating ssh session with password

Hi Can anyone help me in automate a ssh session with password using shell script (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
7 Replies

4. Solaris

PAM, Solaris, Openssh and Forcing a password change

Here's the issue. Currently when I run passwd -f "username" on any account, when I try to login with said account I don't get prompted to change my password I just keep getting prompted to input a password. (Of course this works just fine with telnet)Is there something i need to add to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to pass Username and Password in telnet session

I have created a shell script to telnet remote machine. Here is the problem I am not able to pass the login username and password to the telnet session. I have searched forum and got few other methods to achieve this. But I need to know what's wrong in the below script. username="root"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxpassion
2 Replies

6. AIX

Session never expired If i closed client prompt

Hi, I need a solution. I am using Putty/CRT to login in a AIX server from my windows machine. When i closed my putty/CRT prompt from windows client, server session is expire. Ex. I have run a script to take RMAN backup from PUTTY/CRT command window, After closing command window RMAN backup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Can we spy a tty session?

First of all, in no way I want to use this to hack / cheat / steal etc ... I am an admin of a couple of hundred users which are 99,8% > 500miles away from me and to facilitate some administration part I would like to be able to "spy" what they are doing in there sessions, live. ex: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to prompt for the new password during the first login

Hi All, I have created a new user. Using the below command I have created the user successfully. useradd -c "Test user" -d /tmp/test -g Testgroup -s /bin/ksh -u 601 Test I don't want to set the password using “passwd” command after creating a user. I want to prompt for the new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading password from /dev/tty

hi, From the below script: ##########################################pwd_auth.sh######################################################################################## #Author: Pandeeswaran Bhoopathy #Written on:26th Jan 2012 2:00PM #This script describes the feature of stty and illustrates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
3 Replies
XtCallAcceptFocus()													       XtCallAcceptFocus()

Name
  XtCallAcceptFocus - offer the input focus to a child widget.

Synopsis
  Boolean XtCallAcceptFocus(w, time)
	 Widget w;
	 Time *time;

Inputs
  w	    Specifies the widget; must be of class Core or any subclass thereof.

time	    Specifies the X time of the event that is causing the accept focus.

Returns
  True if w took the input focus; False if w did not take the input focus.

Description
  XtCallAcceptFocus()  calls  the  specified widget's Core class accept_focus() method, passing it the specified widget and time, and True if
  the widget took the input focus, or False otherwise.	If the accept_focus() method is NULL, XtCallAcceptFocus() returns False.

Usage
  Generally, only widgets should call XtCallAcceptFocus(), and generally only on their descendants.

Note that calling a widget's accept_focus() method does not automatically assign the input focus, and does not mean that  the  widget  will
  necessarily  take the input focus.  The accept_focus() method must decide whether or not to take the focus and then take it with XSetInput-
  Focus() or XtSetKeyboardFocus().

Background
  Widgets that need the input focus can call XSetInputFocus() explicitly, pursuant to the restrictions	of  the  Inter-Client  Communications
  Convention  Manual.	To  allow  outside  agents,  such  as  the parent, to cause a widget to take the input focus, every widget exports an
  accept_focus() method.  The widget returns a value indicating whether it actually took the focus or not, so that the parent  can  give  the
  focus  to  another widget.  Widgets that need to know when they lose the input focus must use the Xlib focus notification mechanism explic-
  itly (typically by specifying translations for FocusIn and FocusOut events).	Widget classes that never want the input focus should set the
  accept_focus() method to NULL.

See Also
  XtSetKeyboardFocus(1),
  accept_focus(4).

Xt - Keyboard Handling													       XtCallAcceptFocus()