Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Forcing a tty session but getting a password prompt? Post 302574211 by ahamed101 on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 10:13:36 PM
Old 11-16-2011
The user has pasted the output of ps command(which is the first command from the script), so I thought the password prompt may not be from ssh.

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix login session and Password

Hi All, I've login to Unix using login name guest and I'm working on it, I need another session to run some script hence tried to login but password invalid it says here my question is : Since I'm in working in one session can I set the password without knowing old password? is there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna
1 Replies

2. Solaris

forcing password change every X days?

Hi, how do I go about forcing users to change their password every, say, 30 days? Aaron (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amheck
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating ssh session with password

Hi Can anyone help me in automate a ssh session with password using shell script (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
7 Replies

4. Solaris

PAM, Solaris, Openssh and Forcing a password change

Here's the issue. Currently when I run passwd -f "username" on any account, when I try to login with said account I don't get prompted to change my password I just keep getting prompted to input a password. (Of course this works just fine with telnet)Is there something i need to add to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to pass Username and Password in telnet session

I have created a shell script to telnet remote machine. Here is the problem I am not able to pass the login username and password to the telnet session. I have searched forum and got few other methods to achieve this. But I need to know what's wrong in the below script. username="root"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxpassion
2 Replies

6. AIX

Session never expired If i closed client prompt

Hi, I need a solution. I am using Putty/CRT to login in a AIX server from my windows machine. When i closed my putty/CRT prompt from windows client, server session is expire. Ex. I have run a script to take RMAN backup from PUTTY/CRT command window, After closing command window RMAN backup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Can we spy a tty session?

First of all, in no way I want to use this to hack / cheat / steal etc ... I am an admin of a couple of hundred users which are 99,8% > 500miles away from me and to facilitate some administration part I would like to be able to "spy" what they are doing in there sessions, live. ex: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to prompt for the new password during the first login

Hi All, I have created a new user. Using the below command I have created the user successfully. useradd -c "Test user" -d /tmp/test -g Testgroup -s /bin/ksh -u 601 Test I don't want to set the password using “passwd” command after creating a user. I want to prompt for the new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading password from /dev/tty

hi, From the below script: ##########################################pwd_auth.sh######################################################################################## #Author: Pandeeswaran Bhoopathy #Written on:26th Jan 2012 2:00PM #This script describes the feature of stty and illustrates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project