Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to copy downloaded file into my source file folder (putty/unix) Post 302574175 by pludi on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 05:44:40 PM
Old 11-16-2011
Homework goes here, with special rules

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open a picture file in unix (putty)

hi i'm logged on to my schools unix machine via putty. how do i open/view a jpg picture file that is there on my root catalog? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javatutor
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp copy: preserve source file date stamp

Is there any way to preserve a file's create/mod date stamp when it is "put" via ftp (or even using Fetch) to a Win2K server and a SunOS 5.8 server? For example, if I copy a file with a create/mod date of "01/15/2005 3:36 PM" to my Win2K or SunOS ftp server, the date stamp will change to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassj
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy file and locate in new folder?

Hi All, Please advise me how to make a copy of file from a list and store in one particular location? For example , I have aaa.txt which contains as below, But, those *usg files might be randomly store in different location.... > cat aaa.txt adc.usg dfdjkf.usg ugjfk.usg And I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cedrichiu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest file from a folder

Hi, I have a problem. I have some text files in a folder. The names can be like: emp_20080307053015.dat emp_20080306053015.dat emp_20080305053015.dat emp_20080304053015.dat The date format appended is like yyyymmdd and timestamp. What i need is i have to copy the latest file every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswarth
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest (last file) in given folder

#!/bin/bash for i in {1..1536..1} do #find /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs for a in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do #max=a for b in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need to copy the latest file from Unix server to Shared folder

Hi All, One job in unix server will generate .csv files daily. I need to copy the latest of these .csv file from the unix server to the shared drive/folder in windows through unix script. My shared folder will look something like W:\some folder(for example). Could any one of you please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaya@123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files grabbing destination folder from file name

Hi all... Below is what I am trying to do: 1. Having the following folder with the files... /source_folder/dodiddone.tar.gz /source_folder/gowentgone.tar.gz /source_folder/gowentgone.log 2. I need to copy and chown files with extension .tar.gz to another folder copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pedroz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writitng a script to rename file name and copy to other folder

Hi All, My requirement is as follows: A file (say abc) will be having list of the .txt file names. I need to read this abc file line by line and rename the .txt file names inside it and move them to other folder/path. Eg: abc ------- file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Output (should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan.yadalla
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy one file from a server to a local folder

Hi, Is there a way I can copy a file from a server to a local folder (i.e. My Documents)? can it be done by scp? I tried this but it just rename the file as the folder it has to be transferred at. scp -r name@some_server:/home/user/file.txt 'somehere\home\home_dir' Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy specific file (different but same name) as folder name

I have to copy a particular file present in a main folder having part of the file-name present in many sub-folders to a new destination preserving the name of the source "part of the main folder" and previous file-name of the output file: Example: From /005_0/1000/005.xxx ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wappor
7 Replies
rpdump(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rpdump(1)

NAME
rpdump - pine remote data utility SYNTAX
rpdump [ -f ] -l Local_file -r Remote_folder DESCRIPTION
Rpdump may be used to copy the actual data from remote Pine configuration files or address books into a local file. It is intended to be used by system administrators. Regular users should normally use the facilities provided within Pine. Local_file will normally be a local temporary file. Remote_folder is the IMAP folder being used as a remote Pine configuration (with the help of Pine's -P, -p, and -x commands or PINECONF, PINERC, and PINERCEX environment variables) or remote Pine address book folder. A copy of the data from Remote_folder will be copied to Local_file. -f Force the dump even if the remote folder is in an unrecognized format. -l Local_file The file on this system that is to be copied to. -r Remote_folder A remote folder name to be copied from. See the Pine documentation for the syntax of a remote folder name. One exam- ple is {my.imap.server}remote_pinerc. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if all goes well, -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
Rpload(1). Copyright 1989-2001 by the University of Washington. Pine and Pico are trademarks of the University of Washington. $Date: 2001/10/01 19:24:03 $ rpdump(1)